Give Anichebe a run??

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteshadow

Player Valuation: £20m
We've having a pretty good season but one of the downsides is Jelavic seems to have lost his mojo.

I've never been a big fan of Anichebe, not because I didn't think he had any skill, I just hated his attitude during games, the constant tantrum throwing, feeling sorry for himself, rather than getting up off the ground and working harder.

This season he's been different though, he's working harder, and playing a lot more intelligently than I've seen him play before. He's been holding up the ball really well, helping create chances for Fellaini as well as others a lot and his finishing has looked pretty sharp in the games he's played.

Does he deserve a chance to feature more often in the starting line up, and\or even replace Jelavic until he rediscovers his form?

I actually think he does atm. He has more to his all round game than Jelavic, who doesn't hold up the ball, or bring others in to play as well.

Thoughts?

I dont think it's wild to suggest Anichebe deserves a starting role. He was brilliant when he came on on Monday.

HOWEVER, I think Moyes is being very careful with him, he's clearly got an on-going back problem, I think Moyes just wants him to stay fit until the end of the season so he can have a better run of games next season.

He has improved tenfold though. I think People always thought he had the tools at his disposal, he just doesnt/didnt have the attitude.

There's been a fair amount of criticism of Jelavic lately despite the fact that the lad hasn't tried to hide and is still making the same runs and getting into the same positions as he has since he got here. The only thing lacking is the finish atm. This is something that all strikers go through. I seem to recall the "world class" striker across the park missing many ridiculously easy chances last season but they persevered ( maybe through no choice) and the reward is now there. One thing I can guarantee is that Jelavic will not increase his goal tally sat 3 yards behind Moyes.

When Vic plays our players are noticeably more comfortable with playing it to feet then bombing on. He pretty much never loses the ball, and can turn and shoot like a dream too. Definitely should be starting.

I'm not sure what the perfect solution is atm tbh.

That's why I was interested to see what everyone else thought. Not sure what I'd do if I was Moyes.

I personally don't think that Anichebe is a starter. He's quality as a 30 minute player, but he never has been - and probably never will be - a starter.

He`s a crap Emile Heskey really and 4th place is gone if we start using Victor as our main striker.He is quite effective when coming on as a sub at times though or against rubbish teams.He`s been in decent form lately but im not getting to excited at the thought he might start on sat.

Vic's a super sub and is proving very affective from there. I'd definately start him against Bolton. But then back to the bench unless he has a blinder and bags a couple.

All strikers go through these runs that jelavic is going through. Usually the best option is let them play there way out of it. The rest of his game hasn't suffered just his boss slotting.

Vic looked the part when he played on Monday, only one who looked like doing anything all game, and I can't help but thinking, if it had been Jelavic passing the ball to Vic we'd of won 1-0.

Freezes a bit when he starts a game. He seems to come on as a sub with a bit more anger and aggression and he puts himself about more. He's best left on the bench. We need to be looking to bring a striker in who can be a real alternative to Jelavic.

I think he's earned the right to start, he's been consistently good this season and the second half of last year. Mostly off the bench like but I would like to see if he can do it more frequently from the start. Gives Jelavic a rest too and perhaps he could come back re invigorated...

Status
Not open for further replies.