Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd obviously fit in the team well, but the only thing that worries me is the fact that he's more or less made of glass and his strength isn't exactly fantastic either, whereas we play 2 central midfielders that can tackle.

Other than that - great player to have.

It's hardly his fault that his mother and father passed him on genes which leave his knees more susceptible to injury. The fact of the matter is, he is an Everton player and a top one at that who will need our all our support when he comes back because naturally i suspect he might be a little cagey at the start.

I felt really really bad for him when he got injured last time. I was watching the Irish match at the time (as was Martinez who was at the game) and i just remember seeing how absolutely devastated and upset he was after doing his knee in and just feeling sick for him. I honestly can't wait to see him pull on an Everton shirt again. It'll almost be like a top quality new signing!

It'll be great to have him in alongside McCarthy and Barry for the two DM slots Roberto uses.

At the moment we can't rest either of them without compromising on quality as there is literally nobody who can come in and perform like-for-like in the role; something Gibson can offer.

Obviously having Gibson back in the mix allows us to rotate the DM slots a little more, and that's a massive positive. Can't wait to have him back in the squad.

Why sadly?

He's not a bad player who can do a very good job for us, but is very unlucky to be injury prone.
With Europe pretty much guaranteed right now - we'd need a squad, so we'd need him to be here.

That said, if someone gives £10m for him - I'd probably agree it's time to sell him... lol

No doing too badly without him are we? I haven't looked at the table for an hour or so but were still 4th aren't we. haha? Yes I appreciate, we need squad players, but Gibsons featured in 2 games this season. Oviedo is back in the gym working his socks off, while Gibbo smokes, drinks and promotes terrible grammar on twitter.

I like Gibson

Not as much as some

I mean, if I had to choose between Barry and Gibson, I'd choose Barry

That being said, Gibson is good. He'll deliver at least a 7 out of 10 every week, and most teams would love someone so consistent

The only thing that worries me is his number of injuries

It will help McCarthy and Lundstram to have a player like him in the side and around training

He wouldn't, sadly.

Did gibbo bully you in school or something?... Stop being such a knob and support a top quality Everton player who, as far as the reports from Martinez suggest, has worked his 2 big bollocks off to try and get fit again for this season!

He wouldn't, sadly.

Did gibbo bully you in school or something?... Stop being such a knob and support a top quality Everton player who, as far as the reports from Martinez suggest, has worked his 2 big bollocks off to try and get fit again for this season!

Im sure the trip to Dubai, where he was drinking and smoking really stepped up his rehab.

Im sure the trip to Dubai, where he was drinking and smoking really stepped up his rehab.

And what evidence do you have for this information exactly? Some random mate of a lad on here who was either a) lying or b) over-exaggerating a story for dramatic effect, something most humans do when telling their mates stuff. Sure, did i not tell you, my mate saw Pienaar in Dublin last week snorting a few bags of coke in the jacks in the nightclub he was in. FACT!

Personally think he's a class footballer. He may only have 15 or so starts a season in him but well worth it when you consider his potential contribution to covering the Barry and McCarthey partnership, especially in Europe!

Cant understand the hate Gibbo is getting from some here.
He's a very good player, we have an outstanding record with him in the team, the other players clearly love him, and he calls trolls ball-bags on twitter when they try abuse him. champion.
very excited to see him back in the team. also would open up the option of playing McCarthy in a little bit of a more advanced role, which is something id be curious to see.

Gibson being injured is probably the reason we aren't closer to the top when our form dipped it was because McCarthy and Barry were tired. Next season with more games to play he will be an important player providing we can keep him available. He is best passer at the club and would certainly bring something to the party. Last season he played a lot of games alongside Osman and Neville and we managed 6th, hopefully next season he will play in same side as Barry and McCarthy so we can expect even more.

No doing too badly without him are we? I haven't looked at the table for an hour or so but were still 4th aren't we. haha? Yes I appreciate, we need squad players, but Gibsons featured in 2 games this season. Oviedo is back in the gym working his socks off, while Gibbo smokes, drinks and promotes terrible grammar on twitter.
Well that's not a fantastic point to make.

We've won a lot of games without Oviedo - let's just sell him.

Applied same logic to another player, does it make it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.