Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can be a match winner on his day, when he is fitter his day will come around more often. Seriously, this is a very talented boy, sort his fitness and he is, potentially, a world beater.

He's going to get an excellent lesson watching Juan Mata on the left and Mirallas on the right next season

This lad has the potential to he world class, critical he is coached right now. Sure Koeman will be a good manager for him.

He's going to get an excellent lesson watching Juan Mata on the left and Mirallas on the right next season

Dream on orly.

There is no way Mirallas will ever get the nod over Del on the right.

Even Bobby wasn't that daft.

:)

A fully fit and fully motivated Mirallas on the left however......and a fitter Del on the right.

We would be ready to go to war, my son ;)

Dream on orly.

There is no way Mirallas will ever get the nod over Del on the right.

Even Bobby wasn't that daft.

:)

A fully fit and fully motivated Mirallas on the left however......and a fitter Del on the right.

We would be ready to go to war, my son ;)

To be fair, we had Pienaar left, Kev on the right plenty of times before and it works.

Perhaps if El Fraudo had been even more daft, he'd have picked this combination more often rather than put his little mate Snivelley into the side on the left.

Strootman Witsel
Kev Barkley Mata
Lukaku

Get that front six firing and it's all on. All of it.

Likewise with Mirallas - when he can regularly last the full 90 minutes and concentrate, he's got the tools to massively influence our offensive capabilities.

It always seems to be actual injuries Mirallas is recovering from Andy and he is no sooner back to sommat approaching full fitness when he does his ankle or a hamstring goes and he is back to square one.

With Del he just appears unfit and unable to play effectively for a whole ninety minutes.

Getting his fitness and energy levels up will be the first test for Ronald's super duper fitness fellow :)

It always seems to be actual injuries Mirallas is recovering from Andy and he is no sooner back to sommat approaching full fitness when he does his ankle or a hamstring goes and he is back to square one.

With Del he just appears unfit and unable to play effectively for a whole ninety minutes.

Getting his fitness and energy levels up will be the first test for Ronald's super duper fitness fellow :)

Agree Khal, fitness and a higher level than we saw last season right throughout the squad will also massively aid the concentration levels too.

The more tired players get, the more their heads switch off... and when you're talking about footballers who, by and large, are not renowned for being the brightest bulbs in the box, then fitness and the ability to concentrate for the full 90 minutes is of paramount importance.

Onwards...

I've personally always preferred Kev on the right, but he's better on the left than Del is

Me, I want to see what RK makes of him. With the right manager Del could come on leaps and bounds. He is young and talented, it needs to coached and brought to fruition.

Where will Koeman play him, do we think?
I know we are different teams with different personnel but, if Deulofeu was playing for Soton last season - where would he have played? Up front in the position Mane plays, drifting to the right? Or a little further back like Tadic played?

I just cant remember Soton playing with a direct winger last season, the width was usually provided by the wing-backs.

He is our very best player on his day.

His talent is ridiculous he has been very poorly managed in all aspects - coaching, tactical and fitness wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.