GEORGE WOOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit like Pickford, in that he had a good start to his Everton career but then started making bloomers. Will never forgive him for putting me through the ringer for the last quarter of an hour or so of that final day relegation game against Coventry by just pushing a soft Dublin header into his own net.
Am I missing something here? He’d been gone about 20 years by then.

Bit like Pickford, in that he had a good start to his Everton career but then started making bloomers. Will never forgive him for putting me through the ringer for the last quarter of an hour or so of that final day relegation game against Coventry by just pushing a soft Dublin header into his own net.
1601221509062.png

Has he still got a #### like a ......
If you were a park end scal,you'll remember this ditty....you could see him laughing.
Had a great rapport with us blues back then.

Happy birthday to George Wood 68 today. A very popular figure amongst the Everton faithful back in the day.
One of my favourite players when I first started to go to goodison in the late 70’s
Could have been dreaming this, but I’m sure he saved a penalty from mick Channon and started to swing his arm like channon used to do when he scored

that’s for all my age group lol

One of my favourite players when I first started to go to goodison in the late 70’s
Could have been dreaming this, but I’m sure he saved a penalty from mick Channon and started to swing his arm like channon used to do when he scored

that’s for all my age group lol
I remember the "Kingy" derby and the RS thought they'd equalised,amazingly it was disallowed and Georgie celebrated with the Street End like we had scored a goal:)

You can forgive him. You are mixed up. George Wood was our keeper way before this time. He would be an upgrade on our current incumbent...

Status
Not open for further replies.