George John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extratime

Player Valuation: £950k
According to a US Soccer site, we are interested in George John, a centerback with FC Dallas. The site "Soccer by Ives" is not a gossip site and Ives is not known for throwing up chinsy rumors so I find it believeable.

Linky:http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2011/10/report-everton-wigan-eyeing-john.html#tp

From games that I have watched John is a good prospect that has been called into the Greek camp before. Still waiting for a US call up, but I think he'll get one in the not so distant future.

According to a US Soccer site, we are interested in George John, a centerback with FC Dallas. The site "Soccer by Ives" is not a gossip site and Ives is not known for throwing up chinsy rumors so I find it believeable.

Linky:http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2011/10/report-everton-wigan-eyeing-john.html#tp

From games that I have watched John is a good prospect that has been called into the Greek camp before. Still waiting for a US call up, but I think he'll get one in the not so distant future.

Yes please. Blackburn were on the verge of signing hims, but he decided not to leave until January. Arguably the CB best in the MLS (which is no longer a joke).

Is it just me or is having a yank at CB a bit disconcerting... Every time a long ball gets played over the top of our midfield I'd just expect him to catch it and launch it over saha's head telling him to go long :S:S:S

Is it just me or is having a yank at CB a bit disconcerting... Every time a long ball gets played over the top of our midfield I'd just expect him to catch it and launch it over saha's head telling him to go long :S:S:S

Imagine this: Baines crosses it from just inside their half, this guy here rises, catches the ball and runs into the goal, slamming the ball on the ground and going "TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!! U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A!".

Sign him up!

We have Jags, Distin, Heitinga and Yobo still on the books.

So yes, we need another CB.

FFS

I was going to say why would we need John.... unless one of the above was sold???

I was going to say why would we need John.... unless one of the above was sold???

maybe we plan to off load someone in january or during the summer. certainly yobo will be gone in the summer and distan will be 34 in december, so hes getting up there in age.

Last edited:

Just reading the various articles on George John on the net. Seems like a great athlete with the intelligence and maturity necessary to work well with a steep learning curve.

He was a midfielder in college. FC Dallas switched him to central defender in 2009. Basically, it has taken only two years for him to gain attention from clubs and countries (U.S. and Greece) playing a position that wasn't his regular starting assignment as an amateur.

Jags is having a mare of a season. Moyes obviously isn't going to play Heitinga at CB.

Makes sense to me.

Would make a good signing for a backup.

In any case look at the websites source of their story its the daily mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.