General Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confident that never happened.

It was 2021 initially (in 2016). Last year we got told 2022. This year we've been told spade in the ground early next year (all being well - which what more can they guarantee at this stage?) and completion within two years. That's on target.

My bad it was mentioned by a news article that it could be 2023 late last year now being repeated tonight that it could be 2022 but 2023 at the latest.

My bad it was mentioned by a news article that it could be 2023 late last year now being repeated tonight that it could be 2022 but 2023 at the latest.

Sorry, wasn't meaning to be pedantic. Just quick amid the fray.

Easy mistake, but yes, 2022 is still the aim. The very latest would be a three-year build, which could make it 2023. But 2022 is still the target.

The DIRECTOR of Football should be on the board from the off - they are by definition a Director.

I'm not happy with the job Walsh did, obviously, but he should also have been on the board. It's good the club are finally catching up.
And if we decide that he isn't cutting the mustard.Then what ? Sack him ?

It's 5 years since we finished 5th and so if we are just getting back to that level now (and it is very debatable we are) then you can't say we're making progress there as we have obviously had a drop off.

Well in terms of talent of squad, I'd say 2014-15 we had a talented squad. We underachieved then. We're underachieving now. But we're going through a rebuild process which ultimately is the start - or second attempted start - at a rebuild from the troubles that started in 2014-15.

That's fair enough, but we haven't seen or heard anything of Moshiri since the summer. If he didn't appear at the GM, wouldn't that cause more questions??

It would now yeah because he's set up the circus with his Jim White antics.

Whereas if he'd acted like, say, Abramovich, nobody would have raised an eyebrow if he'd delegated things like this to others.

And if we decide that he isn't cutting the mustard.Then what ? Sack him ?

Yep. But I doubt the plan will be to sack him. The plan won't be to sack anybody. And Brands has the track record to suggest he won't be getting sacked. He's been picked as the man. Like Silva has.

Not at all. I'm actually not unconvinced about his financial commitment to the club anymore, and I don't think he's an asset stripper.

Rather I'm concerned about his lack of knowledge about football combined with his ego. I'm concerned that he won't delegate power properly and we could become a circus.

I'd prefer to see less of him and more from knowledgeable mouthpieces on his behalf, because the more I see of him, the more worried I get about the long term.

I didnt say it was a bad thing.

Some people actually need to see progress, again not a negative thing.

Me I just dream, blind faith, its just how I do, some would call that gullible and it is, but without dreams, if you accept reality, then what is life.

It would now yeah because he's set up the circus with his Jim White antics.

Whereas if he'd acted like, say, Abramovich, nobody would have raised an eyebrow if he'd delegated things like this to others.

Fair enough.

But you know as well as I that we'd have had fans saying he didn't speak enough etc.

I share your sentiments to an extent, but I don't see anything wrong with him being at the AGM. And bar the odd quote on the website, that's all we've heard from him in a year...

So USM will be funding £350mill towards the stadium and the raw materials being imported are coming direct from Usmanovs Metalloinvest - probably at a massive discount.

Well in terms of talent of squad, I'd say 2014-15 we had a talented squad. We underachieved then. We're underachieving now. But we're going through a rebuild process which ultimately is the start - or second attempted start - at a rebuild from the troubles that started in 2014-15.

We have always had "talent".

The difference is mentality. It makes a massive difference.

Did I just read that right, Tony Cottee is Moshiri's new advisor? I don't even know what to say about that.

Sorry, wasn't meaning to be pedantic. Just quick amid the fray.

Easy mistake, but yes, 2022 is still the aim. The very latest would be a three-year build, which could make it 2023. But 2022 is still the target.

No worries, Robert Elstone never filled me with any confidence when he started talking about the Stadium and Funding of it glad we got rid of him

Status
Not open for further replies.