General Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did we last have a squad with as much talent in?

Five years ago? I'd say that's 'quite a while'.

It's 5 years since we finished 5th and so if we are just getting back to that level now (and it is very debatable we are) then you can't say we're making progress there as we have obviously had a drop off.

So the stadium financing breaks down as equity (presumably from Moshiri) of £100m, naming rights £50m and £350m debt. Given both West Ham and Tottenham has been unable to secure a name sponsor for their stadiums, I wonder if this will be the key to getting the work started. Otherwise the numbers don’t work, unless there’s a bridging loan from somewhere.
Megafon ?

Not a word on where the funding is coming from and when we will have it.

They can shove the platitudes up their arse until they can deliver that.

They have had a year and if we go off of what Moshiri said then the estimate hasn't gone up again so what have they accomplished so far on the funding side?

Nothing happens until that gets sorted.

So the stadium financing breaks down as equity (presumably from Moshiri) of £100m, naming rights £50m and £350m debt. Given both West Ham and Tottenham has been unable to secure a name sponsor for their stadiums, I wonder if this will be the key to getting the work started. Otherwise the numbers don’t work, unless there’s a bridging loan from somewhere.
Oooh @BlueToff what do you think about this point regarding naming rights funding?

Are you actually seriously confident this can happen by 2022 despite the fact we have no idea where the money is coming from?

Well of course you aint.

You have pre-conceived perceptions that mere words wont alter.

Not at all. I'm actually not unconvinced about his financial commitment to the club anymore, and I don't think he's an asset stripper.

Rather I'm concerned about his lack of knowledge about football combined with his ego. I'm concerned that he won't delegate power properly and we could become a circus.

I'd prefer to see less of him and more from knowledgeable mouthpieces on his behalf, because the more I see of him, the more worried I get about the long term.

This "Brands on the board" thing: it's just them looking to throw a lot of chaff up in the air to keep people distracted with. The circus rolls on with another bit of nonsense to mask the fact that this lot haven't got a 'kin clue what they're doing on or off the pitch.

They really are a contemptible bunch of grotesques.

Oooh @BlueToff what do you think about this point regarding naming rights funding?

Are you actually seriously confident this can happen by 2022 despite the fact we have no idea where the money is coming from?

I'd say that there's a fair chance that the company that sponsor our training ground could have first dibs on sponsoring the stadium, and I'm not at all suggesting that Usmanov will suddenly leap out from behind the woodwork.

This "Brands on the board" thing: it's just them looking to throw a lot of chaff up in the air to keep people distracted with. The circus rolls on with another bit of nonsense to mask the fact that this lot haven't got a 'kin clue what they're doing on or off the pitch.

They really are a contemptible bunch of grotesques.

The DIRECTOR of Football should be on the board from the off - they are by definition a Director.

I'm not happy with the job Walsh did, obviously, but he should also have been on the board. It's good the club are finally catching up.

Not at all. I'm actually not unconvinced about his financial commitment to the club anymore, and I don't think he's an asset stripper.

Rather I'm concerned about his lack of knowledge about football combined with his ego. I'm concerned that he won't delegate power properly and we could become a circus.

I'd prefer to see less of him and more from knowledgeable mouthpieces on his behalf, because the more I see of him, the more worried I get about the long term.

That's fair enough, but we haven't seen or heard anything of Moshiri since the summer. If he didn't appear at the GM, wouldn't that cause more questions??

Status
Not open for further replies.