General Meeting 09.01.2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, there’s plenty to be positive about with regards to Moshiri. In that interview today, he comes over as really passionate when talking about individual players. He admits mistakes have been made & says we have to learn from them, we’ll get there etc..

No question our recruitment has been an utter shambles. Let’s just hope he knows the cause & will be ruthless in putting it right.
Not a chance!

Sorry @Tommy F but you'll never progress to @tommye status unless you include Gifs
giphy.gif
tumblr_mgai4gvmw31ry46hlo1_250.gif

Reactions: kev
It appears the reporting is the problem here, now they’ve put the full quote up Elstine mentions a “healthy financial return” for the council a couple of times.

Amazing. People here have bashed the Echo for poor reporting for years, but as soon as a bit of poor reporting by the Echo makes Everton look like their story’s changed, it’s 80+ pages of moaning.

Same thing with transfers, reporters don’t know anything until they say something that makes a signing look the slightest bit uncertain and then it’s clown town.

Hi lads, if you have a go at someone from Chorley, then, by inference, you're having a go at me.
So, here's some pesky facts for you :-

Lukaku 2016/17 season, 25 league goals :-

Date Goals Result Change in points without Rom's goals
12 Sept 3 goals Sunderland 0 Everton 3. 2
17 Sept 1 goal Everton 3 Boro 1 0
30 Sept 1 goal Everton 1 Palace 1 1
15 Oct 1 goal City 1 Everton 1 1
30 Oct 1 goal Everton 2 W Ham 0 0
10 Dec 2 goals Watford 3 Everton 2 0
26 Dec 1 goal Leicester 0 Everton 2 0
2 Jan 1 goal Everton 3 Soton 0 0
15 Jan 1 goal Everton 4 City 0 0
4 Feb 4 goals Everton 6 B'moth 3 3
25 Feb 1 goal Everton 2 S'land 0 0
5 Mar 1 goal Spurs 3 Everton 2 0
11 Mar 1 goal Everton 3 WBA 0 0
18 Mar 2 goals Everton 4 Hull 0 0
9 Apr 2 goals Everton 4 Leicester 2 2
15 Apr 1 goal Everton 3 Burnley 1 0
21 May 1 goal Arsenal 3 Everton 1 0

Now, plainly neither of you are very good at maths, so I'll do the adding up for you.
If, as Walsh says, you strip out Lukaku's goals, we would have ended up with nine less points than we did.

if you look at the table from last season you'll see that we finish seventh, on 61 points, and Soton finished eighth on 46 points.
Again, because you ain't too good at the maths, I'll help you out ... 61-46 is 15, and 15 is more than 9

So, if Rom hadn't scored any goals last season, we'd still have finished seventh

Here's one final score for you

Chorley boys 1 Internet lads who can't do maths 0

At this point, some people would say that Walsh isn't the idiot, but the lads on the internet are. Not me though, I'm far too polite to say such a thing.

:coffee:
What about the 6 goals we got from his assists mate?

What about the 6 goals we got from his assists mate?

Then there are the gaps left for others to score when defenders are having to keep an eye on him.

You know, it is quite one thing for a Poster to come on message boards like this and other sites to thump this particular tub but when our "DOF" comes out with such an idiotic statement things are worse than we thought.

Then there are the gaps left for others to score when defenders are having to keep an eye on him.

You know, it is quite one thing for a Poster to come on message boards like this and other sites to thump this particular tub but when our "DOF" comes out with such an idiotic statement things are worse than we thought.
Agreed mate it’s embarrassing as was his comments on Tosun. He needs to go and we need to sort out the backroom technical staff ASAP!

Hang on I thought the agent was happy for him to sign and it was his mum and the witchdoctors who scuppered it?
Our ambitions, as a club, appear to have been undermined by unexpected sources; firstly it was Merseyside gangsters forcing Ross outta town, and now we discover African witch doctors are behind big Rom's move. I imagine that before the window closes, Gylfi will be requesting a move on the basis of a subliminal message he received whilst watching the latest Thor movie

Everton that

Status
Not open for further replies.