General Meeting 09.01.2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely no chance this will happen now.

Does anyone genuinely think when we have foodbanks, crippling homelessness and an economy due another downturn in an 8-10 year cycle that a local council will fund a football stadium??

Not a chance. We've been had off again.
As much as i would love to disagree with this, I can't, won't happen, the Council can not be seen to be pumping this sort of money into a private business at times like this

Denise Barrett-Baxendale confirms Everton will take occupancy of new office space in the Royal Liver Building at the end of this year.

“The benefits are many… having our football club in the heart of our commercial centre, being close-by as our new stadium progresses at Bramley-Moore Dock,” she says.

This Meis fella has been spouting the same Crap for over 18 months now? And for all we know he is still sitting there with a blank piece of paper in front of him.
It is beyond tedious now, either what he has produced has been poor or it is just not build able for the money we have (or are trying to raise?) and we keep asking of things to be removed or changed?
I think we will be the death of this mans career and we will still be at Goodison when I am long gone and I am only 42
Bored zzzzzzzzzz!

The Council have access to funding at much cheaper rates than what Everton can borrow at. The Council borrows the money, Everton make the repayments, and we pay the Council an extra amount for them providing the service. It’s a win win. The Council actually make money, Everton save money. Anderson has also said he would welcome a similar deal for LFC over any further stadium expansion at Anfield.

No.

It's fantasy island stuff.

Private Eye and the rest will be all over this tomorrow. Any local MP who isn't an Evertonian isn't about to let their base revolt over something like this happen in their city, Council jurisdiction or otherwise.

The stadium died again this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.