Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terminating his deal without a payout is great work by the club. Freak situation, unluckiest player of all time.

We’ve just had to get his wages off the books and we’ve finally done it.
You‘re not going to believe this:

He is going through a divorce and actually wanted the club not to pay him any more to stop his wife from getting any more of his earnings.

That’s why he’s agreed to terminate his contract.

Every club has there bad luck, There list of Mistakes to take the blame when things aren't going well.

But this lad really does just Sum up our Mosh/Kenwright era.

1 Down - 2 to go ( Well, plenty more )

And hopefully a new era is now on the horizon !! ( We can all dream 😴 )

Meh, I kinda feel bad for the guy and consider it a waste of a player we really could have done with on the pitch.

Sure hes a very wealthy man, but he was always going to be after we gave him the massive contract and paid the fairly huge fee.

Not his fault the way his career has gone, I know people like to blame the club for playing him when partially recovered, but it was a fairly freak accident, followed by another. Sure we could have done things differently, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

But hes gone now, so we should probably move on, no point crying over spilt milk, not while we still have the burning hot oil still on fire next to it.

He was on less money than I thought - about £50k per week, there or thereabouts

Saw some mad reports saying he earned double that, but the only official record of his wages were when he was done for drink driving and his solicitor disclosed his net wages as £25,000 per week

He was on less money than I thought - about £50k per week, there or thereabouts

Saw some mad reports saying he earned double that, but the only official record of his wages were when he was done for drink driving and his solicitor disclosed his net wages as £25,000 per week
Typically player contracts are split between a paye / employee element and then another bit for image rights etc which can be payed into a ltd company in their name. Quite how they balance them out to be tax efficient I’m not sure but I suspect there will be a lump on top of his paye money / net £25k.
‘Image rights’ of course being a catch all term for none paye income to top up the contract value.

Status
Not open for further replies.