GARY SPEED INQUEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't honestly think anything good can come out of this thread at this point. Its a breeding ground for idle speculation.

It may be worth discussing when there is more information available, but at the moment it doesn't seem there is.

I hope you understand what i'm saying. It's not really about moral high ground but rather respecting an Evertonian no longer with us.

14 posts and already someone has been banned is an indication of how its going.

I, personally, am totally happy to find out what happened, when they know for certain what happened. If they never find out, neither do I. At the moment, nothing adds up, and thats what i'm worried about in this thread.

Yeah I feel ya.

I just think whilst it isn't any of our business technically, we all still want to know. It's natural. We live in a media driven world with a natural curiosity on even the most morbid of things. But yeah no place for idol speculation, I agree.

Look at me all grown up!

Yeah I feel ya.

I just think whilst it isn't any of our business technically, we all still want to know. It's natural. We live in a media driven world with a natural curiosity on even the most morbid of things. But yeah no place for idol speculation, I agree.

Look at me all grown up!

I agree NIK.

I am very concerned, his wife came out only a day or two after saying they hadn't rowed. Now there is a change of story.

All involved should have said nothing from moment one, and let the process run its course, then release a statement when all the facts are known and no one will be able to take anything the wrong way.

Half stories and drip feeding of supposed facts only breed animosity and mistrust.

Just doesn't make any sense. Appeared to have everything going well in his life. Very sad.

With suicide, sometimes you can just never tell.

Anyone who has been depressed or has known a close friend/family member to have suffered from it, will know that it doesn't discriminate at all, meaning that in a lot of cases there are no direct causes (ie stress at work, divorce, whatever).

He could easily have been suffering from severe depression, and decided to show no sign of it to anyone at all. Getting no help and bottling it all up makes it worse and that's probably what caused him to take his own life.

I am very concerned, his wife came out only a day or two after saying they hadn't rowed. Now there is a change of story.

All involved should have said nothing from moment one, and let the process run its course, then release a statement when all the facts are known and no one will be able to take anything the wrong way.

Half stories and drip feeding of supposed facts only breed animosity and mistrust.

This isn't a suspicious death. The inquest is as much for the family. The police have said they do not believe anyone else involved.

Therefore the ins and outs of family relationships in the case are not in the public interest. Had this been a murder, a suspicious death, and a potential victim of crime or a matter of public safety it would be a different matter.

But its not. And people shouldn't treat this like a murder trial. Its an inquest. Its only about determining cause of death.

Anyone who has been depressed or has known a close friend/family member to have suffered from it, will know that it doesn't discriminate at all, meaning that in a lot of cases there are no direct causes (ie stress at work, divorce, whatever).

He could easily have been suffering from severe depression, and decided to show no sign of it to anyone at all. Getting no help and bottling it all up makes it worse and that's probably what caused him to take his own life.

Spot on mate

A horrible and poorly understood disease

RIP Gary Speed

Talking in general terms only, that would be nigh on impossible if you were surrounded by your wife and family. As Stan Collymore has detailed, there are periods when the sufferer just stays in bed and doesn't want to know. Unless you live like a hermit, other people would know about this.

Regarding Gary, it seems from the inquest that his death was more likely to have been due to marital issues than anything else. This is what a lot of people believed all along. And that's where it should end. Whatever those issues were is nobody's business other than the Speed family's.

The judge/coroner said..... He may have fell asleep on the stairs in his garage............with a piece of wire around his neck.

Okay, just let me tie this flex aroun me neck and i'll see ya in the nornin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much does this fcukin idiot judge earn ?????

JHC there's alot a fcukin wankerbastards in this country and they earn a fcukin packet.......thick cumyt

Talking in general terms only, that would be nigh on impossible if you were surrounded by your wife and family. As Stan Collymore has detailed, there are periods when the sufferer just stays in bed and doesn't want to know. Unless you live like a hermit, other people would know about this.

Regarding Gary, it seems from the inquest that his death was more likely to have been due to marital issues than anything else. This is what a lot of people believed all along. And that's where it should end. Whatever those issues were is nobody's business other than the Speed family's.

True, but it's possible for people to be down and show symptoms of depression (such as not wanting to get out of bed) occasionally, and because they act normally most of the time, his wife or family would never have thought that he was severely depressed. Everyone feels like that sometimes so it wouldn't have crossed her mind.

agreed - there is often no real reason to be depressed - if your mind is chemically unbalanced in terms of neuroreceptors you are going to be depressed.. and it can be hidden from others.

Forgot to quote - I was agreeing with you Si

Im goin to bes, seer later........gggggggggggggggg ...................................................................../.,

Status
Not open for further replies.