Gary Lineker

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one of the silliest posts I've ever seen on GOT. What did he do, or fail to do that turned us into runners up? And, imo the side that won the
league in 1987 wasn't as good as the 1986 team with Lineker that finished second.
Incidentally, he's a Leicester supporter, and what's wrong with that?

However,

Interesting how Barcelona won La Liga the season before he signed for them, never won La Liga whilst he was there, then once he was sold to Spurs, Barcelona went on to win La Liga four times in a row.

I haven't seen what Kendall said, but I'd be surprised he meant 'changed the balance of the team' in a negatively critical way. And if he
did I disagree. 40 goals in a season. Yes please.

Well, I will have to disagree with you. The team was set up to feed him in a way that disrupted the style of previous seasons. The great strength of the championship sides was that everyone chipped in, and goals could come from almost everyone in the side apart from Reidy and Brace. I thought we concentrated too heavily on serving Lineker to the detriment of that shared enterprise.

Well, I will have to disagree with you. The team was set up to feed him in a way that disrupted the style of previous seasons. The great strength of the championship sides was that everyone chipped in, and goals could come from almost everyone in the side apart from Reidy and Brace. I thought we concentrated too heavily on serving Lineker to the detriment of that shared enterprise.
Agreed.
The team was set up for Lineker to score, which he did perfectly. But, any team that is too dependent on any one player has a problem.

I felt that something similar happened with us again, in a less successful way, with Lukaku.
The team was set up to feed Lukaku, when he wasn't scoring we had a problem.

If you look at the more successful teams, there is always a good spread of goal scorers.

Status
Not open for further replies.