Gareth Farrelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great read that, thanks for posting. Good on the lad.

He never really got enough credit for that goal, but it seems he still has a good relationship with the club and that is great to hear.

I literally could not bear the remainder of that game after Dublin equalised, after being through it in 1994, I thought our luck would run out. It was x100000 times harder to endure, that game.

As well as "that" goal, my abiding memory of that week is actually the FA Youth Cup Final I think (?) in midweek. Colin Harvey was mulling about after the game and some young kid came up to him and asked him if we would be ok, or words to that affect. Colin put his hand on his shoulder and replied "Yes, son. We'll be fine". Even hearing that made me feel much better, though if only for a while.

Great read that, thanks for posting. Good on the lad.

He never really got enough credit for that goal, but it seems he still has a good relationship with the club and that is great to hear.

I literally could not bear the remainder of that game after Dublin equalised, after being through it in 1994, I thought our luck would run out. It was x100000 times harder to endure, that game.

As well as "that" goal, my abiding memory of that week is actually the FA Youth Cup Final I think (?) in midweek. Colin Harvey was mulling about after the game and some young kid came up to him and asked him if we would be ok, or words to that affect. Colin put his hand on his shoulder and replied "Yes, son. We'll be fine". Even hearing that made me feel much better, though if only for a while.
Remember Barmby's penalty in that game? Very very poor, was he already on the way to Liverpool?

The way Gary Speed was treated, on his leaving Everton, was an absolute disgrace, yet Gary just got on with it and never ever criticised Everton, although he was booed every time he played at Goodison for Newcasle Unt.

In the end that was not an episode that was handled well by either the club or ultimately Howard Kendall.

Remember Barmby's penalty in that game? Very very poor, was he already on the way to Liverpool?

He didn't leave for another 3 years and went on under Smith to produce his best form for Everton so I doubt it. It was a poor penalty in a very nervy match but can't read much more into it than that.

He didn't leave for another 3 years and went on under Smith to produce his best form for Everton so I doubt it. It was a poor penalty in a very nervy match but can't read much more into it than that.
I didn't realise he was still here three years after that Coventry game, so you are correct, that the penalty was just a bad miss in a very nervy relegation game, so apologies to Nick Barmby ascwell

I didn't realise he was still here three years after that Coventry game, so you are correct, that the penalty was just a bad miss in a very nervy relegation game, so apologies to Nick Barmby ascwell

No bother mate. Barmby scored a brilliant hatrick for us at West Ham, a memory that isn't as tarnished as it should be.

He was rubbish - thankful for his goal mind you. That said, great article about him and refreshing to see a football forge a successful second career that isn't being shoehorned in as a 'pundit' or commentator.

Status
Not open for further replies.