Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's boss, in fact pivotal, my player of the year last season! The foundation that anything good was built on - the most important signing of the summer for me!

Just sort it no faffing about!

If 2.5mill was the deal, then I think that's a bargain. Surely the club would be happy to pay that even if the clause did expire today?

If 2.5mill was the deal, then I think that's a bargain. Surely the club would be happy to pay that even if the clause did expire today?
That would probably preclude signing on and agent fees mate, it won't be one-way mate imO

That would probably preclude signing on and agent fees mate, it won't be one-way mate imO

This, you can fully expect there is millions more involved in this in signing on fees! Free transfers aren't that free - the fee as it was just basically goes to the player, make no mistake there are millions involved in this deal!

When you get used to the kind of salary he has been getting in the last years, I'm not surprised that he's reluctant to settle for less. I still hope he sobers and signs... all we can hope is that no big money club comes in for him, then things could get tight for us.

Probably, but it's the only figure bandied about that I've seen. Upshot is that I'd like him to sign and if that's what we pay vs a "free", then I'm for it. (I think that's the message I was trying to convey)

Probably, but it's the only figure bandied about that I've seen. Upshot is that I'd like him to sign and if that's what we pay vs a "free", then I'm for it. (I think that's the message I was trying to convey)
I suppose it's rather academic now mate, but I was trying to convey that even if we stumped up the 2mil (or whatever) for City, Barry and his agent would possibly be less inclined to do that deal as they would get less of a cut themselves.

I was in awe when he played against Chelsea at home last season, was thinking what a shrewd signing this is. However, the one thing that annoys me about Barry is the amount of needless yellow cards he gets. Think at the most we should offer a 2 year deal, then let him play a year abroad for his final pay cheque.

Status
Not open for further replies.