Gardner

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moore06

This has probably been raised already, and i dont know if he is still injured, but im wondering did Moyes get him just to make up the numbers after Stubbs left, or will he actually get some gametime. They way our back four are playing i dont see anyone else getting in and if anything surely Baines should be there once he gets back into form? Opinions?

I think moyes has a plan for him. Outside of a dire injury history he is a quality defender. We should get this lad on a near enough free. I believe Davey lad will use this loan period to get his fitness up and utilise him to the extreme. If my hunch is correct then Moyes has excelled once more. Some may think"What if we get him fit, and then spurs decide they want him back?". Moyes is no mug. I think he has already agreed a buy out clause at a pre agreed fee. I don't know why, but I am confident about this. If he can shake his injury curse he will be a stunning asset.

Just another classic case of DM's patented 'try before you buy' policy.

Quite why other people haven't cottoned on is beyond me.

Get em on a loan, see if they are any good, then do what is needed.

Just another classic case of DM's patented 'try before you buy' policy.

Quite why other people haven't cottoned on is beyond me.

Get em on a loan, see if they are any good, then do what is needed.

Heat my dear friend.

Others have not cottoned on because only Toffee's can use logic in football. Everyone else uses dirty tricks and bollocks.

(Blinkered view, but [Poor language removed] it. we are top 4)

I also believe (can't confirm, am trying to find out more) that we are paying less than 50% of his wages.

We have too much at stake this season for us to risk using Gardner in my opinion. Unless injuries dictate otherwise or 4th spot is secured with a game(s) remaining that i doubt that we'll see him in the 1st team at all.

I think Moyes only really got him as cover after Stubbs left late on, but with half an eye to the future.

I'd be willing to bet that after Stubbs had a late approach, Moyes went to his top secret list of "possibles" and got whoever was highest on the list and able to sign before the deadline.

It seems Gardner himself sees this as an opportunity to get fit and get some football too, I remember reading him saying that in an interview just after he signed.

o/s site interview:

Just last minute cover

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.