Game Day experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mate, really appreciate it👍

Yeah, I'm travelling on my own, so anything with a friendly atmosphere where a single bloke can have a good yarn about the toffees is good by me.

I'm looking at buying tickets on stub hub for Forrest and Brentford so will go be able to give two different spots a shot
The lower Gwladys sounds like it will be one.

I'll definitely do both the tours too!
The Lisbon mate. Must have already been mentioned

Have to disagree. The Titanic is undoubtedly Liverpools finest large hotel, but aside from being close to Bramley Moore there's absolutely nothing else to do there. I only stay there if I have the Mrs in tow or have a car to get in and out.

As you say, it's only a 20/25 min walk to the Pier Head, so why not stay in town with loads more to do and take the 25 min walk just to see the stadium and have a beer in the Bramley Moore opposite?

Id highly recommended the Double Tree by Hilton. Just off Dale Street so plenty of great boozers right on your doorstep without the massive 'town' knobhead crowd. Lots of nice places to eat too.

Edit: Right around the corner from the Lisbon, too.

Nah, I'd rather roll out of bed and wake up outside the South Stand of BMD ;)

Thanks mate, really appreciate it👍

Yeah, I'm travelling on my own, so anything with a friendly atmosphere where a single bloke can have a good yarn about the toffees is good by me.

I'm looking at buying tickets on stub hub for Forrest and Brentford so will go be able to give two different spots a shot
The lower Gwladys sounds like it will be one.

I'll definitely do both the tours too!

You’ll definitely find people to have a chat to mate, scousers generally don’t shut up which you’ll find as soon as you get in a taxi or buy a pint. And footy will be the first thing they ask you about. (Well maybe second after Neighbours)

From the states been over 3x now and never even seen a goal inside goodison. Did manage to see richy score at man city though.

Been to an AFC championship game and a 0-0 match vs arsenal still the takes the cake as far as experience.

The Ethiad is like every other stadium in the states nothing special.

Goodison was truly something special.

Have a
Blast hope you see a goal
Thanks very much mate, I'm buzzing at the thought of being inside Goodison Park
Obviously, a stadium tour too

Obviously, a stadium tour too.
Didn't know it existed, Cheers mate, will do😁

You’ll definitely find people to have a chat to mate, scousers generally don’t shut up which you’ll find as soon as you get in a taxi or buy a pint. And footy will be the first thing they ask you about. (Well maybe second after Neighbours)
Cheers, looking forward to it!

I’m a big fan of the lower Bullens from a character perspective. The concourse is super tight, the roof is low and there are wooden seats.

Everything Bramley Moore won’t have, so savour it now! Enjoy your trip!
Thank goodness. if you're near the back the views are poor and the atmosphere isn't great. Last time I was in there was when we were hit for 6 by Spurs and it was like a mortuary.

If you're near the front by the touchline the views are worse but you at least you are close to the players and get some feel for the overall atmosphere in the ground.

On the plus side I did see Kevin Sheedy's twice-taken free-kick against Ipswich from there back in 1985.

Hi Blues,
I've been a die hard Aussie Evertonian for the last 20 years. Seamus Coleman has pride of place on my living room wall.

I'm finally making the trip over to see the blues live in May, before the old lady is no longer our ground. Not to experience the atmosphere inside the ground would be a regret I couldn't bear.

I'd love to get some tips on where the best place to sit in the ground would be? I am keen to get the most out of the Goodison atmosphere and passion.

Also any recommended game day places to go, pre and post game, would be welcome.
As a Lone bloke travelling over, it would be great to chat Everton with some locals.
Also anything else in Liverpool that is worth a look, please share.
I've attached a picture of my Seamus drawing.. Just because he is a legend
Cheers
The one thing I would add is collect your ticket early. I once missed 30 mins of a match queuing to collect mine. I started queuing an hour before KO too.

I spent a few hours in the boozers thinking I had loads of time spare. I didn't!

All the best

Thank goodness. if you're near the back the views are poor and the atmosphere isn't great. Last time I was in there was when we were hit for 6 by Spurs and it was like a mortuary.

If you're near the front by the touchline the views are worse but you at least you are close to the players and get some feel for the overall atmosphere in the ground.

On the plus side I did see Kevin Sheedy's twice-taken free-kick against Ipswich from there back in 1985.
Wow, I'm jealous. I'm a 1980 model, though had to wait till I was independent to watch real football. It's wasn't accept back then.
Funny for you can feel so connected to a fan base do far away.

Thanks very much mate, I'm buzzing at the thought of being inside Goodison Park

Didn't know it existed, Cheers mate, will do😁
They have two different kinds of tour. A regular stadium tour and on the Friday before home games a legends tour.

These are always hosted by Mark Higgins, absolute class player who was unfortunately cut off by Injury just before the glorious mid 80s. He's always joined by either one of Snodin or Stewart and another Everton player from the past. It's exactly the same tour but with a sit down Q&A at the end and free beers. The price difference between the two is big, I guess it depends who the guest player is that will dictate which one you choose.

Just have a look on the website and stadium tours are under the ticket section.

Status
Not open for further replies.