Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is exactly the point I have been making on other threads about our club and folk saying if we get a good offer sell Digne, Richarlison, Holgate etc.
Very true. I wouldn’t be happy about us selling any of the players you mention above. I’d be gutted.

having said that every club has their price. Richarlison is my current favorite, but if someone made an insanely high offer like 160mil (not going to happen) then it would be difficult to turn down and I’d understand.

Plus there’s also our terrible FFP situation to think about. Maybe people arguing for sales are making that point. A big sale could massively ease those problems. The problem is you can’t put a good FFP figure in your starting 11.

“Yes Watford gave us a hiding today, but have you seen our great FFP stats. We’re Cushing it at the moment. Can’t wait for the accounts to come out!”

Very true. I wouldn’t be happy about us selling any of the players you mention above. I’d be gutted.

having said that every club has their price. Richarlison is my current favorite, but if someone made an insanely high offer like 160mil (not going to happen) then it would be difficult to turn down and I’d understand.

Plus there’s also our terrible FFP situation to think about. Maybe people arguing for sales are making that point. A big sale could massively ease those problems. The problem is you can’t put a good FFP figure in your starting 11.

“Yes Watford gave us a hiding today, but have you seen our great FFP stats. We’re Cushing it at the moment. Can’t wait for the accounts to come out!”
Only people at the club will know the exact situation regarding FFP.
If it is as bad as some scaremongering fans/journalists will have you believe.

Then selling a Digne for a big offer 55/60. If that Helps us spend a 100mil on 3/4 players. Which is possible the way buying and selling works. Then it’s an easy decision for me.

In an ideal world, we get that 50/60mil from selling Keane, Kenny, Davies, siggurdsson, Bernard and all the other fringe players, but that maybe difficult.

89CF3DB0-8865-4CCD-977D-F4E513C99FB9.jpeg

This is going to the last day then presumably. Assuming no other CL club joins the conversation and matches our offer it’s down to him to choose between us and Napoli. I’m still convinced Napoli don’t have the cash (and won’t get as much as they want for their sellable assets)
It’s the saga of the window and even though we should just wait and see it keeps pulling us back in for more drama. The window hasn’t even opened yet kinell

To be fair they finished 2nd last season and 4th this season (Albeit in an incomplete league). That’s pretty decent for any French side that’s not PSG.

also if you sell all your good players For financial reasons It’s probably difficult to sustain success.

Take your point though.
That is exactly the point I have been making on other threads about our club and folk saying if we get a good offer sell Digne, Richarlison, Holgate etc.

I wouldnt want to sell any of Holgate, DCL, Richarlison or Digne.

However, what if we could sell one for a high price with Brands and Ancelotti finding someone who ends up being world class?

Or if we sold and replaced with 2 players of similar or better ability.

Atletico Madrid did that for a few years and with good management are always near the top of la liga

I wouldnt want to sell any of Holgate, DCL, Richarlison or Digne.

However, what if we could sell one for a high price with Brands and Ancelotti finding someone who ends up being world class?

Or if we sold and replaced with 2 players of similar or better ability.

Atletico Madrid did that for a few years and with good management are always near the top of la liga

How do you know they will end world class (Lookman) get 2 players as good as or better, just speculation and a gamble. E,G. Sandro.

Just as long as it isn't allowed to go on and on and on.

We saw last summer the problems caused when waiting for Zouma, and having to scramble around for a loan on Deadline day, which didn't even materialise.

Put a decent offer to the player and club. Any stalling particularly on the players part shouldn't be entertained for very long at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.