from the egm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats actually happening with their stadium now then? I've lost track of their progress on it.

liverpool are [Poor language removed] financially at the moment.

they are in debt to the hilt and cant gaurantee the money needed for the stadium.

its build has been put back by a year.

my guess is that the owners are hoping to find a new buyer to bail them out.

if they do have a financial shortfall then i think allowing everton on board solves a lot of there current problems.(and ours)

ps i read an article yesterday describing the difference between the investment for chelsea utd and liverpool.
unlike chelsea if the owners of liverpool or utd go bust then so does the clubs.
its on toffeeweb and is worth a read.

Yeah, Abramovich doesnt use any of his own money, he gets loans to pya off other loans and the money generated from the club pays off chunks.

Liverpool and Man Utd's wealth has always been generated by success - both clubs were originally rich from winning things before being taken over.

They're all in debt from £500million upwards mind you.

i have to just say that i have to give the club 10/10 for there openness and fighting spirit over the past week.

the os is a wealth of information since the egm(usually we have to rely on unofficial sites for the lowdown)

i think elstone could be a great assett , his presentation was excellent (wether you agree with its outcome or not)

i think the club showed a lot of solidarity and have steaded the ship greatly.

id like to thank the shareholders who pushed for the egm , and id like to congratulate the club on rising to the challenge and putting me straight by given me access to the full facts and alternatives.

i think the tide is starting to turn in our favour for the first time in months.

the season starts proper now.
watch out prem , everton have just woken up.
coyb.

Thanks UK for a bit of sanity. About GP to redo it. Starting with Bullens which needs to be moved back over the school etc, okay but Gwladys would have to go with it as they are a combined unit. So Gwladys would need to move back as well over the street and Houses. ( does anyone know if the streets involved can just be donw away with?) Then Park end backwards and sideways following whuch the prich needs to be moved over as it is now the touchline is too near the stands. Followed by the Main Stand. We would hardly end up with a nicely integrated stadium not forgetting the church in the corner. While all this is going on can the club manage on reduced revenue streams? It would probably also take at least 4 years to accomplish all this. That is one main reason why a new stadium on a new site is cheaper it can be done a heck of a lot quicker.

Most important though no matter what redoing GP will cost it will be more than DK would cost which is subsidised. So Makis et al where are EFC going to get the money from to redo GP and instead of knocking Elstone's figures you tell us how much it will cost. Never mind if BK is in charge or we have rich new owners.

i have to just say that i have to give the club 10/10 for there openness and fighting spirit over the past week.

the os is a wealth of information since the egm(usually we have to rely on unofficial sites for the lowdown)

i think elstone could be a great assett , his presentation was excellent (wether you agree with its outcome or not)

i think the club showed a lot of solidarity and have steaded the ship greatly.

id like to thank the shareholders who pushed for the egm , and id like to congratulate the club on rising to the challenge and putting me straight by given me access to the full facts and alternatives.

i think the tide is starting to turn in our favour for the first time in months.

the season starts proper now.
watch out prem , everton have just woken up.
coyb.
Just a thought mate but if the club is so open and honest,how come Uncle Bill never simply stated while we have an agreement of exclusivity with Testco are hands are tied?

Just a thought mate but if the club is so open and honest,how come Uncle Bill never simply stated while we have an agreement of exclusivity with Testco are hands are tied?

not sure i understand the question . sorry fella.

the exclusivity makes sense in my eyes .
its was to show the club was 100 % commited to its business partners concerning dk.a usual businesss practice , so i am told.
if you were knowsley and/or tesco , you would have wanted the club to show commitment before proggressing and commiting yourself with the expensive dk plans.

i think the clubs stand point is/was , we have been looking for years for a new stadium and place to build it , after years of searching we have a viable option , the exclusivity just shows our commitment to this option
if we had no exclusivity the other partners concerned would have felt we were not commited . we could have chose to not have had the exclusivity and instead have looked at other options , but these options had already been looked at for years and the dk option would have fallen by the wayside as the backers would have pulled out.

it would have been a vicious cycle of going over the same areas/problems/arguments again and again.

the club felt dk was our best option , they couldnt wait any longer , every avenue has been covered before coming to the dk conclusion , the exclusivity is just to show commitment by the club for the benefit of the council who has given us free land and the company who is pushing the boat out financially to help pay for most of the costs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.