Free Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I didn't say that. As I originally stated:

'Unless they're going to genuinely compete for a starting XI now, or in the foreseeable future, then it's not worth it.'

I can imagine Besic will play in the foreseeable future, especially with necessary rotation, hence he has added to the squad.

With regards to the forward line. We have Lukaku, Eto'o, Naismith and a returning Kone. Mirallas can play there as well.

Can we justify spending money on another striker, who'll most probably not regularly contest at the least the first three?

To me that rules out the need for Jonas and Nilmar. We'd all like extra cover, but we need to be sensible about necessity.

Ninis as a winger is probably the most tempting one, but again I wonder about his quality and necessity.

We have McGeady, Mirallas, Atsu, Pienaar and I'm sure some of the front men will drop to a wider position in cases.

In the centre (where he prefers) he could make an impact I guess, but then there is Barkley, Osman and Naismjth.

So, as I originally stated, unless they can genuinely compete for a starting XI now or in the future then it's a nay from me.

Otherwise you're going to be paying a sign on fee and wages for third or fourth place cover, and very rarely play.

I'd rather see the kids do that option and keep our wage bill sensible. In the long term it's the safe way.

As Groucho also mentioned, they're normally free for a reason.

It's like buying something you don't need simply because it's got 90% off

Just because they're free doesn't mean they're always going to be good enough!

If there was a quality defender available then I'd say yay, otherwise I 'my happy as we are.

I disagree but there you go.

At least you can put a good arguement forward without resulting to insults like some!

No I didn't say that. As I originally stated:

'Unless they're going to genuinely compete for a starting XI now, or in the foreseeable future, then it's not worth it.'

I can imagine Besic will play in the foreseeable future, especially with necessary rotation, hence he has added to the squad.

With regards to the forward line. We have Lukaku, Eto'o, Naismith and a returning Kone. Mirallas can play there as well.

Can we justify spending money on another striker, who'll most probably not regularly contest at the least the first three?

To me that rules out the need for Jonas and Nilmar. We'd all like extra cover, but we need to be sensible about necessity.

Ninis as a winger is probably the most tempting one, but again I wonder about his quality and necessity.

We have McGeady, Mirallas, Atsu, Pienaar and I'm sure some of the front men will drop to a wider position in cases.

In the centre (where he prefers) he could make an impact I guess, but then there is Barkley, Osman and Naismjth.

So, as I originally stated, unless they can genuinely compete for a starting XI now or in the future then it's a nay from me.

Otherwise you're going to be paying a sign on fee and wages for third or fourth place cover, and very rarely play.

I'd rather see the kids do that option and keep our wage bill sensible. In the long term it's the safe way.

As Groucho also mentioned, they're normally free for a reason.

It's like buying something you don't need simply because it's got 90% off

Just because they're free doesn't mean they're always going to be good enough!

If there was a quality defender available then I'd say yay, otherwise I 'my happy as we are.

mirallas playing up front is a big a myth as playing Billy in the middle for me. When ever I've seen him play upfront he has been bloody awful and was offside all the time. naismith can play there but I prefer him behind the striker it's where he finds the pockets of space between the midfield and the defence that allows him to attack the goal while the defenders are marking the striker. so yes can play there but only as a last resort through injury.

wingers pienaar is getting older, slower and worst of all more injury prone and I just think how much longer has he got left at the top? atsu is going back to Chelsea at the end of the season and I doubt weather he will be as good as del was. as for the forwards playing there lukaku has played on the wing against Arsenal twice and though I thourght he did the job it's just a waste of a player of his ability on the wing. eto dosent have the legs to play there anymore I belive and kone we don't even know what condition he will come back in.

ACM we have Ross injured for god knows how long but he is the main boy. naismith definitely second choice and Osman can not play more then 45 minutes anymore he just can't a third choice coming off the bench in the 70th minute yes very good but if anything happens to naismith and he is then our one and only and that is not a good thing.

basically I think the squad is not as good as you have stated with the efficency you have portrayed it be. to turn you nose at what used to be very highly rated players who are a bit down on there luck and saying bring the youth through seems very narrow minded to me.

What if the youth isn't ready? throwing them in the deep end could set there careers back for god knows how long. Of course it could kick start it aswell it's all about risks and calculating which ones are worth taking and I belive some of the players on that list will be worth it.

plus there wages won't be that high Ninis was playing for parma there not known for paying high wages and unless you are a big name after you have been released on on free you can't really command high wages.

I think some of the players on that list would jump at the chance to play for everton and would want relatively low wages.

I don't see the issue in offering a trial to them at least.

Think the day of turning a very quick profit on Lucas Neill was a one off. I have a feeling it was the Cahill connection that made that happen anyway.

It was Cahill that told Lucas to come to Efc. Lusas Neil didn't want to leave . The guy I work with grew up with Lucas Neil and lived with him in London whenever he visited the uk. He met Timmy through Lucas Neil and says Timmy is a legend as down to earth as you get. Says when they went our he would see other players like too Ferdinand and alike and they were always making everyone know they were footy players. Timmy used to tell everyone he was a mechanic or something , says whenever Tim used to drink he used to get blind and has seen him pudding in corners of bars and clubs ...had lots of stories and both Lucas Neil and Timmy sounded so "normal"

It was Cahill that told Lucas to come to Efc. Lusas Neil didn't want to leave . The guy I work with grew up with Lucas Neil and lived with him in London whenever he visited the uk. He met Timmy through Lucas Neil and says Timmy is a legend as down to earth as you get. Says when they went our he would see other players like too Ferdinand and alike and they were always making everyone know they were footy players. Timmy used to tell everyone he was a mechanic or something , says whenever Tim used to drink he used to get blind and has seen him pudding in corners of bars and clubs ...had lots of stories and both Lucas Neil and Timmy sounded so "normal"

You sound like the little fella off South Park: Timmy, Timmy, Timmy, Timmy...

Status
Not open for further replies.