2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha no it isn’t, the mistake we’ve made in the past is allowing managers to dictate transfer policy! That’s how we’ve ended up with an utter mess of a squad filled with 7 different managers’ players who the current manager doesn’t want. A director of football is there to stop that happening.
What ???? so your now saying you dont want the manager to dictate transfer policy ?? really? thats crazy. The manager has to be involved, and the reason we’ve ended up with an utter mess of a squad filled with 7 different managers players is because the owner was sacking managers without having a replacement lined up.

What ???? so your now saying you dont want the manager to dictate transfer policy ?? really? thats crazy. The manager has to be involved, and the reason we’ve ended up with an utter mess of a squad filled with 7 different managers players is because the owner was sacking managers without having a replacement lined up.

And because he wasn’t letting the director of football be a director of football. I’m sorry, but our DOF should know our squad inside and out, and should know that we need more than one serviceable centre forward in it. I also refuse to believe Lampard was happy with DCL and Rondon as his back up, this seems to be proven by the fact he played wingers up front ahead of Rondon. So the board and DOF absolutely failed the manager by prioritising bloody Dwight McNeil over a striker in the summer.

I actually don't think he is knee jerk when it comes to sacking managers. His failings are in other areas.
I think it's hard to say he was ever wrong when sacking managers. You could definitely make a case that he was wrong to sack Allardyce - his results were perfectly acceptable - but other than that the worst you could say was he was too slow to bullet the others. No, his issue has been in appointing managers.

I think it's hard to say he was ever wrong when sacking managers. You could definitely make a case that he was wrong to sack Allardyce - his results were perfectly acceptable - but other than that the worst you could say was he was too slow to bullet the others. No, his issue has been in appointing managers.
Yeah with Allardyce it was always going to be a short term thing. Moshiri was forced to sack him because he was had over a barrel and gave him an extra year on the contract.

I would go further and say not even necessarily appointing the wrong managers in a lot of cases, just not creating an environment where they could succeed.

Yeah with Allardyce it was always going to be a short term thing. Moshiri was forced to sack him because he was had over a barrel and gave him an extra year on the contract.

I would go further and say not even necessarily appointing the wrong managers in a lot of cases, just not creating an environment where they could succeed.
The only appointments he got right, in my view, were Allardyce and Ancelotti - and both of those were flawed. Big Sam was appointed to ensure safety. He did that, but he was never a sustainable appointment. He was a last resort. He probably knew he'd sack him after he did what he was hired to do, and he probably knew Sam wouldn't come for the pleasure of being sacked after 8 months, so it was what it was in the end. He paid the compo.

Carlo was a stardust appointment of an owner who lived up to the club's motto. Only the best. But having snared such a top rank coach, the shame is he didn't move heaven and Earth to keep him. Perhaps he couldn't. Perhaps the lure of Madrid was always too much. But my sense is that Carlo was actively looking for a way out at that point. After all, he seemed to initiate contact with Madrid over a departure...

The appointments of Koeman and Silva were transparently doomed from the start. I would argue that the same applies to Frank. Hopefully I'll be wrong on that, but I doubt it. The Benitez appointment was brazen and, whatever the logic of appointing a proven manager with a serious track record, he really didn't read the room. Everton is a very difficult club to run. He didn't help himself there, despite his best intentions.

The only appointments he got right, in my view, were Allardyce and Ancelotti - and both of those were flawed. Big Sam was appointed to ensure safety. He did that, but he was never a sustainable appointment. He was a last resort. He probably knew he'd sack him after he did what he was hired to do, and he probably knew Sam wouldn't come for the pleasure of being sacked after 8 months, so it was what it was in the end. He paid the compo.

Carlo was a stardust appointment of an owner who lived up to the club's motto. Only the best. But having snared such a top rank coach, the shame is he didn't move heaven and Earth to keep him. Perhaps he couldn't. Perhaps the lure of Madrid was always too much. But my sense is that Carlo was actively looking for a way out at that point. After all, he seemed to initiate contact with Madrid over a departure...

The appointments of Koeman and Silva were transparently doomed from the start. I would argue that the same applies to Frank. Hopefully I'll be wrong on that, but I doubt it. The Benitez appointment was brazen and, whatever the logic of appointing a proven manager with a serious track record, he really didn't read the room. Everton is a very difficult club to run. He didn't help himself there, despite his best intentions.
Re Koeman and Silva, with hindsight they didn't do well, but both had quite high stock when we hired them.

22nd May 2022 - 1st October 2022

League Results: -

Arsenal 5 Everton 1
Everton 0 Chelsea 1
Aston Villa 2 Everton 1
Everton 1 Nottingham Forest 1
Brentford 1 Everton 1
Leeds 1 Everton 1
Everton 0 Liverpool 0

7 games - 0 wins

the pressure is on

Southampton away next followed by Man Utd, Spurs and Newcastle

if we can't beat Swiss Klopp then we are in trouble

United and Newcastle are crap.

There’s a difference between “dictate policy” and being “involved in the selection of players”
The dictating of policy in my view is the creation and implementation of a medium to long term buying strategy based on the type of football we want to play … this also includes the selection of appropriate first team coach and us clearly the role of the DOF
To implement the strategy the DOF works with the manager to select appropriate players . The manager input is essential here it would be a foolish DOF to not rely heavily on his coach but it would also be foolish to allow him to dictate policy … he is not trained or paid for that

Blast away boys

22nd May 2022 - 1st October 2022

League Results: -

Arsenal 5 Everton 1
Everton 0 Chelsea 1
Aston Villa 2 Everton 1
Everton 1 Nottingham Forest 1
Brentford 1 Everton 1
Leeds 1 Everton 1
Everton 0 Liverpool 0

7 games - 0 wins

the pressure is on

Southampton away next followed by Man Utd, Spurs and Newcastle

if we can't beat Swiss Klopp then we are in trouble

The big difference between frank and our recent managers is that you can see there is a plan in place with him, therefore frank needs time to implement that plan, also he's absolutely boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.