2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
We signed eight players in the window and most would feel that it was a very successful window, including keeping AG in spite of interest from at least three clubs.

We could have done with signing another striker with Maupay but Frank said that he didn't want a glut of strikers because they would be hard to manage.

When you say severely let down ,, what do you mean ?
Most of those deals could of been completed before the season started, I'd agree we have strengthened in key areas. Maupay was a last minute bargain bin pick up, who is not a prolific goalscorer but I appreciate he can make decent runs for a strike partner who we haven't got.A decent striker who we have been screaming for should of been first on the list, well before the DCL woes.

Most of those deals could of been completed before the season started, I'd agree we have strengthened in key areas. Maupay was a last minute bargain bin pick up, who is not a prolific goalscorer but I appreciate he can make decent runs for a strike partner who we haven't got.A decent striker who we have been screaming for should of been first on the list, well before the Dominic Calvert-Lewin woes.
Every season regardless of who the manager is we always leave it till the last week, it's typical of the our board looking for 'deals' blame them.

Most of those deals could of been completed before the season started, I'd agree we have strengthened in key areas. Maupay was a last minute bargain bin pick up, who is not a prolific goalscorer but I appreciate he can make decent runs for a strike partner who we haven't got.A decent striker who we have been screaming for should of been first on the list, well before the Dominic Calvert-Lewin woes.
I think we have to be happy with the other moves. Completing deals before the window is what every club would like but it just isn't going to happen.

Not replacing Richarlison with a big signing is something I can't understand though. Especially after DCL proved his fitness still sketchy. Seems like we're relying on Gordon to replace his output but we needed extra output even if we kept Richy

Thelwell, so you wanted him to not do what the nanager wanted? That's exactly the mistake we have been making in the past.
Thelwell just picks the targets he then has to report to the special 'technical board' made up of Kenwright and DBB who are responsible for negotiations/contracts and the rest of it. He isn't responsible for our transfer business, the board are, just this time they have actually decided to consult the DoF on signings rather than ask various agents who is free.

Thelwell just picks the targets he then has to report to the special 'technical board' made up of Kenwright and DBB who are responsible for negotiations/contracts and the rest of it. He isn't responsible for our transfer business, the board are, just this time they have actually decided to consult the DoF on signings rather than ask various agents who is free.
Right, I agree, thats my point, basically the board have done the right thing by not going over the managers head and picking players they want, this is the problem Moshiri has been making in the past, its all changed now, they are all on the same page and working together

To be honest Dave I find the story that Moshiri wanted Lampard out at the end of a season hard to believe.

There would have been no point in doing so as after the Palace game we were largely assured of safety but not guaranteed .
Changing manager would have further disrupted the club and God only knows who would take the role at the very end of a poor season.

I also think that Moshiri may have stepped back a little from the football decision making and allowed Thelwell/Lampard/Kenwright to select the targets and negotiate for them.

Moshiri may not know a lot about football but he certainly is no fool and he will have seen how Evertonians have rallied behind Lampard and almost overnight a club that was divided down the middle was united again.

I don't think he would easily decide to break that unity again.
We've had 6 managers in Moshiri's 6 years here. Why on earth would you find it hard to believe he'd roll the dice again?

Hope not Dave. It feels like we're heading in the right direction, the team is taking shape and we have stumbled upon a useful formation with the recruitment of new players.

Lampard deserves plenty of time and support
I agree. But we all know what this owner is like....and we all know what many of our own fans are like to demand such a move if we're near the bottom of the table...which could easily be the case come the World Cup.

Thelwell, so you wanted him to not do what the nanager wanted? That's exactly the mistake we have been making in the past.

Hahahaha no it isn’t, the mistake we’ve made in the past is allowing managers to dictate transfer policy! That’s how we’ve ended up with an utter mess of a squad filled with 7 different managers’ players who the current manager doesn’t want. A director of football is there to stop that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.