2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
We signed eight players in the window and most would feel that it was a very successful window, including keeping AG in spite of interest from at least three clubs.

We could have done with signing another striker with Maupay but Frank said that he didn't want a glut of strikers because they would be hard to manage.

When you say severely let down ,, what do you mean ?

A significant portion of our business was done after the first 4 games of the season had already been played. That is a failure of the board that has cost us potentially crucial points.

I think it'd be extremely naive to dismiss Moshiri so easily. Those people work for him, not the other way around.

I'm not big on the recriminations of the Esk. I think he knows his stuff about Everton and he knows people inside Everton. And while I cant prove he's right, I'd give his words credibility.

Can't think of a single thing he has ever gotten right mate and he's said a lot of thing proven to be wrong.

Did he ever get his face to face sit down he was demanding with Moshiri btw? Maybe that's how he found out about the wish to sack Lampard after Palace whilst having tea and scones on Uzzies boat ????⛵⛵⛵⛵

Anyways love Lampard, give him time he'll get us back

I think the nature of the season we're in and the fact we have definitely started a new way of operating warrants the upmost patience.

However, if reports are true that Moshiri wanted Lampard gone after the Palace game last season are anything like the truth then I doubt we'll get that patience.
Im not worried about us sacking Frank because the board are working close with him, no way will they sit back and watch Moshiri cause more problems for us, they have got this under control, you only have to look at the excellent work they did in the window to see they have convinced Farhad to take a back seat.
The ship is steady, the board have steadied it.

A significant portion of our business was done after the first 4 games of the season had already been played. That is a failure of the board that has cost us potentially crucial points.
It was more imoprtant to do the right deals, rather then to rush into buying anyone just to get players in before the season

Im not worried about us sacking Frank because the board are working close with him, no way will they sit back and watch Moshiri cause more problems for us, they have got this under control, you only have to look at the excellent work they did in the window to see they have convinced Farhad to take a back seat.
The ship is steady, the board have steadied it.
200.gif

Every single one of those deals could’ve been done before the season started.
No they couldnt, none of them could of been done earlier, dont forget for a deal to be done BOTH sides have to agree, its only natural for a club and or a player to hold out as long as they can to drive the fee and or terms, the window was about getting it right, which they did, not rushing it

I think the nature of the season we're in and the fact we have definitely started a new way of operating warrants the upmost patience.

However, if reports are true that Moshiri wanted Lampard gone after the Palace game last season are anything like the truth then I doubt we'll get that patience.
But they are not true are they ?

Unless you want to believe what the Esk says.

I personally don't think Moshiri would be so quick to pull the trigger yeno. I think fan sentiment can play a lot into these types of decisions.

Goodison clearly got very toxic under Benitez, hence why he was given the boot after 5/6 months. It's different with Lampard - the fans can clearly see a plan is in place and he is a likable fella. Think we've got a good coaching staff as well. I personally hope they stay in place for as long as possible - we absolutely need some consistency in the backroom for once.

Hope not Dave. It feels like we're heading in the right direction, the team is taking shape and we have stumbled upon a useful formation with the recruitment of new players.

Lampard deserves plenty of time and support

Every single one of those deals could’ve been done before the season started.
I mean... could they? we really don't know for sure.

Not backing the board here at all, it's just that we hear that there are supposedly so many moving parts when it comes to transfer business they're rarely ever straightforward unless you're one of the 'elite' clubs..

That's a big assumption, based on no evidence.

We didn't fail to do them earlier because we couldn't be bothered.

Actually the manager has said himself that we weren’t even looking at strikers until DCL got injured, so yes there is evidence that we didn’t do the Maupay deal earlier because we couldn’t be bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.