2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Severely let down by an 'Unfit For Purpose' board who failed in providing adequate firepower. The same shambolic board who will likely press the panic board and the Circus continues !!!

For some clarity though, as it stands right now, only three other teams have as long an undefeated streak as us in the league, Spurs and City at 6 and United at 4.

Only three teams have conceded less than is in the league Spurs, Brighton and Wolves (who always are close to top defensively).

Yup we're struggling on scoring and that's the outstanding problem atm, but we've literally played one game with a striker (where we scored a very dubiously dissalowed goal, hit the bar, and had a top keeper produce their mom performance against us).

Had two other goals dissalowed already this season, a blatant pen turned down when Holgate was fouled (all in games with zero cf)

The spine of the team is improving - the defence is looking a solid unit, we now have a striker and another very good one close to being back playing.

I worry for Lampard that he's getting a team together but we may find ourselves near the foot of the table at the World Cup break and that useless turd Moshiri presses the panic button.
And really, there is no excuse for people to be in any way surprised if this comes to pass. It's been transparently obvious since the summer that Lampard's first task was to ensure we were not cut adrift of safety come the World Cup break. We all know how Moshiri works - Frank included (if he has done any due diligence). I think the manager should be left in situ regardless at this point (because it's not clear that Moshiri has any track record - bar Carlo - of appointing high-end coaching staff). If doing so takes us down, so be it. I am exhausted from "saving the club" with blue flares and delusions of better days.

But Moshiri won't see it like this. Frank knows that. He's got to clear the November hurdle, by hook or by crook. Now his goalkeeper is out at a critical juncture. Luck doesn't seem to be on his side. Those games against West Ham and Southampton are massive opportunities for him to get wins on the board. While I sympathise with his situation - and think he deserves time and patience - he won't be helping himself if he fails to win at least one of those. "Jam tomorrow" might work at Arsenal, but Southampton and West Ham are good tests of Lampard's credentials. If he's good enough, he'll find a way.

Tough game, management. With Pochettino and Tuchel available, a man of the means and entitlement of Moshiri will always tend to feel he can do better. We live in dangerous times.

For some clarity though, as it stands right now, only three other teams have as long an undefeated streak as us in the league, Spurs and City at 6 and United at 4.

Only three teams have conceded less than is in the league Spurs, Brighton and Wolves (who always are close to top defensively).

Yup we're struggling on scoring and that's the outstanding problem atm, but we've literally played one game with a striker (where we scored a very dubiously dissalowed goal, hit the bar, and had a top keeper produce their mom performance against us).

Had two other goals dissalowed already this season, a blatant pen turned down when Holgate was fouled (all in games with zero cf)

The spine of the team is improving - the defence is looking a solid unit, we now have a striker and another very good one close to being back playing.
You are exactly right. Even forgetting the VAR rule-outs, we are looking a solid team that only needs to add a goal or two per game to be doing very well. It is also a mostly new team and the impatience of people is unrealistic.

If we are near the bottom of the league come November then something will have to change, we have a good squad of players but not enough consistent goalscorers
I think the nature of the season we're in and the fact we have definitely started a new way of operating warrants the upmost patience.

However, if reports are true that Moshiri wanted Lampard gone after the Palace game last season are anything like the truth then I doubt we'll get that patience.

I actually think how the fans act will dictate stuff here mate, pretty much all the managers where fired when the crowd turned on them heavily after a period of awful form for most.

This hiring was partially a reaction to that too in many ways as their was a ore fan reaction and one thing I think Moshiri reacts too now is the mood at the ground. (Think FSW really burnt his fingers big time on going against the swell of fan feeling).

As it is I think it'll be a moot point, got a sneaky feeling we're gonna see a big upturn in points over the next 6, despite the narrative that they're difficult fixtures etc.

Weird feeling atm as we've been genuinely in every single game this season till the last minute, and the teams improving in performance by the game too.

Come the winter break, feel the narrative about our season will have changed hugely in the media and we'll be very very pleasantly surprised
I agree. We seem to be moving in the right direction. However, I dont trust Moshiri. If a manager he likes becomes available and we're struggling there';ll be enough support amongst some sections of fans to change and he'll act. As said above, if those reports from the Esk are true about him wanting Lampard gone after we survived last season are true then he will act.

We need to be minimum 15th by the WC break or Lampard could be axed.

I agree. We seem to be moving in the right direction. However, I dont trust Moshiri. If a manager he likes becomes available and we're struggling there';ll be enough support amongst some sections of fans to change and he'll act. As said above, if those reports from the Esk are true about him wanting Lampard gone after we survived last season are true then he will act.

No offence meant as I know he has some supporters on here who know him personally, but besides being able to add up numbers on freely available information, I'm not sure on a single thing he's ever said that was correct

Lampard does need to deliver some wins, and soon.

There is a general air of optimism, and a sense that most of the new signings are working out well.

The big but though is that, injuries aside, the team will have to earn it's bread and butter and gain wins and points.

A loss at Arsenal can be factored in under Moshiri's "expected" defeats, but I think the angst levels will rise back up again considerably if we fail to beat West Ham at home afterwards. If that happens, then successive games have an increasingly nervy backdrop to them and turn into "must-win". Fans can swing from support to doubt to discontent very quickly and circumstances and hard luck gets forgotten. Moshiri tends to be quite perceptive to such change in mood.

I'm fully in Lampards corner. He is still walking a tightrope though.

Last edited:

Further on that mate, since the hiring of Lampard - and the subsequent hiring if Thelwell, there has been a marked lack of any of Moshiris normal interference - so in the midst of that period to suddenly want to do the manager change would be, hmmm, odd, but anyone saying that would have people believing that they where somehow in the know (as some people would believe it due to past behaviour).

Say something nobody can disprove that never actually occured and hey I guess...

"Lampard is still ours!".

Oh btw did esk every take time to explain how he was completely and utterly wrong again when he stated that we would not be able to bring in any players until we sold another valuable asset, and then the next day McNeil was signed followed by Onana and Gueye and Garner, all without any player being sold?

Lampard does need to deliver some wins, and soon.

There is a general air of optimism, and a sense that most of the new signings are working out well.

The big but though is that, injuries aside, the team will have to earn it's bread and butter and gain wins and points.

A loss at Arsenal can be factored in under Moshiri's "expected" defeats, but I think the angst levels will rise back up again considerably if we fail to beat West Ham at home afterwards. If that happens, then successive games have an increasingly nervy backdrop to them and turn into "must-win". Fans can swing from support to doubt to discontent very quickly and circumstances and hard luck gets forgotten. Moshiri tends to be quite perceptive to such change in mood.

I'm fully in Lampards corner. He is still walking a tightrope though.

The season is still early enough that a couple of results can take you from relegation spots to the edge of European ones, or vice versa.

You're right though in terms of points need to go on the board before it gets to a point where a couple of good results still sees you sat near the bottom part of the table.

West Ham is a very big game though, with the current support and it being Moyes coming back, 'if' we have a bad result at Arsenal (I actually think we'll shock them) then it's a game we need to win emphatically - and if we turn over Arsenal it becomes similarly a big game in terms of continuing upward momentum.

Funny part of the season, four poor results could see huge pressure starting to build, four good results could see people really getting excited

Further on that mate, since the hiring of Lampard - and the subsequent hiring if Thelwell, there has been a marked lack of any of Moshiris normal interference - so in the midst of that period to suddenly want to do the manager change would be, hmmm, odd, but anyone saying that would have people believing that they where somehow in the know (as some people would believe it due to past behaviour).

Say something nobody can disprove that never actually occured and hey I guess...

"Lampard is still ours!".

Oh btw did esk every take time to explain how he was completely and utterly wrong again when he stated that we would not be able to bring in any players until we sold another valuable asset, and then the next day McNeil was signed followed by Onana and Gueye and Garner, all without any player being sold?
I think it'd be extremely naive to dismiss Moshiri so easily. Those people work for him, not the other way around.

I'm not big on the recriminations of the Esk. I think he knows his stuff about Everton and he knows people inside Everton. And while I cant prove he's right, I'd give his words credibility.

Severely let down by an 'Unfit For Purpose' board who failed in providing adequate firepower. The same shambolic board who will likely press the panic board and the Circus continues !!!
We signed eight players in the window and most would feel that it was a very successful window, including keeping AG in spite of interest from at least three clubs.

We could have done with signing another striker with Maupay but Frank said that he didn't want a glut of strikers because they would be hard to manage.

When you say severely let down ,, what do you mean ?

We signed eight players in the window and most would feel that it was a very successful window, including keeping AG in spite of interest from at least three clubs.

We could have done with signing another striker with Maupay but Frank said that he didn't want a glut of strikers because they would be hard to manage.

When you say severely let down ,, what do you mean ?

Deadly wing replacement in the squad for Richarlison.

Status
Not open for further replies.