2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankie ain't going nowhere! He is still building his brand, isn't under the same pressure as might be at Chelsea (again!), has bought into Everton and realises the passion of 'our' Blues against those of the oligarch Chelsea fans outweighs anything he has experienced to date. He wants to create his own dynasty and whilst we cannot compete currently with the Sky 6 in transfer terms he and his backroom are building a squad capable of competing and I sincerely believe if he can be successful here he would ultimately love the England job.

I know mate, that was my point.

But somewhere in the middle seems likely.
It's a tricky one. It took him time with Brighton but Brighton were also playing under Chris Hughton before. Chelsea play pretty similar already so that's helpful. It's also weird because Chelsea play pretty similar already so what's the point? This group isn't suited to it very well and I doubt he's going to do anything Tuchel couldn't without recruiting new players.

Anyway Frank is our guy but it is crazy how two summers ago Potter was probably only a step above Benitez as most unpopular choice to lead us. We've only done worse since.

I worry for Lampard that he's getting a team together but we may find ourselves near the foot of the table at the World Cup break and that useless turd Moshiri presses the panic button.

I worry for Lampard that he's getting a team together but we may find ourselves near the foot of the table at the World Cup break and that useless turd Moshiri presses the panic button.

If we are near the bottom of the league come November then something will have to change, we have a good squad of players but not enough consistent goalscorers

You have to wonder with Todd refusing to sell Gallagher and Broja whether there was a disagreement between the manager and Todd because Todd maybe wanted the younger players to get more game time but Tuchel didn’t rate them as much.
Only the impression was it was Tuchel who didn't want to sell either

I actually think how the fans act will dictate stuff here mate, pretty much all the managers where fired when the crowd turned on them heavily after a period of awful form for most.

This hiring was partially a reaction to that too in many ways as their was a ore fan reaction and one thing I think Moshiri reacts too now is the mood at the ground. (Think FSW really burnt his fingers big time on going against the swell of fan feeling).

As it is I think it'll be a moot point, got a sneaky feeling we're gonna see a big upturn in points over the next 6, despite the narrative that they're difficult fixtures etc.

Weird feeling atm as we've been genuinely in every single game this season till the last minute, and the teams improving in performance by the game too.

Come the winter break, feel the narrative about our season will have changed hugely in the media and we'll be very very pleasantly surprised

Status
Not open for further replies.