2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming we get beat in the Derby mate its 3 point out of 6 games.

Any other manager would be under pressure but the Cult of Fronk won't say a bad word because he took us from 16th to 16th last season.

Some will be gutted if we sign 2-3 today because it will have meant the manager will have been backed with about 8-9 signings this window and they cant accuse the owner/board of not backing him.

Although I dont want the manager sacked yet he deserves a wee bit more time he just needs to shake his heed and be proactive with the game management.

Your bitterness towards the manager and those that choose to offer him support appears to be eating you up, it seems to stem from the fact that people aren't judging him in the same way they did Benitez and you have to wonder why you continue to put up a staunch defence of him long after he's gone.

You can keep quoting this 'took us from 16th to 16th' stuff all you like, but there are decent signs of progression in terms of the squad and the general feeling around the club is far less toxic than when Benitez was in charge. I appreciate you put all your eggs in the Benitez basket and have now got a titty lip because Lampard isn't getting the same stick yet but I'm sure if results don't improve and we look in trouble he'll be sacked, which seems to be what you're hoping for.

What a massive boring bellend you are.

What is your fascination with our failing board mate? if I'm being completely honest it sounds like you still have a chip on your shoulder over the fans ousting Benitez..

It'd be suicide to sack Lampard mid-season in mid-rebuild. Simple as that.
The board arnt failing, they are picking up the pieces of just over 5 years of owner interfearance, if you look at how they stood firm against Chelsea its a clear sign they are supporting the manager

The media this morning still pushing the 'how long does he have left?' narrative. Yawn :coffee:
These are the paramaters of the Everton job. Add Moshiri into the mix and it is entirely to be expected.

The first job for Frank is to buy himself the time to actually do the job. Every Everton manager has to clear that hurdle first. I think most reasonable people will remain calm even if we lose the next two - providing we are competitive in both. We can't be happy with 3 points from 7 - it'll be our worst start in a decade - but if he can start picking up wins from there he should be fine. If he can't, well, he'll be accountable for that.

I see enough signs that he is slowly improving us. But these are intangible when compared to the all-important tangible signs of progress: points and wins. The end of the window is now critical. But we need to start winning football matches in September or the narrative will change for the worse and there is a danger that the pressure could push Lampard into a spiral where he starts making bad decisions and second-guessing himself - leading to further losses. How he copes with the pressure of the next month or two will tell all. It's a test, but an Everton manager with a future has to be able to pass it.

What is your fascination with our failing board mate? if I'm being completely honest it sounds like you still have a chip on your shoulder over the fans ousting Benitez..

It'd be suicide to sack Lampard mid-season in mid-rebuild. Simple as that.

Nothing to do with Benitez mate, im just pointing out the hypocrisy of some of our fans who've chased the last half dozen managers yet refuse to have any criticism of Fronk and will attack anyone who doesn't tow the party line.

I can see what he's trying to do. Having no striker, has been a major blow. We aren't good enough, to hold on to a one nil at the moment (not many clubs are). Last season we lose all five matches. While three draws aren't good as far as points are concerned, it gives us something to build on.

I tend to right off the Derby, but you never know. Hopefully Gana will be playing with a striker. Then we can start to get points on the table, from themn on

Nothing to do with Benitez mate, im just pointing out the hypocrisy of some of our fans who've chased the last half dozen managers yet refuse to have any criticism of Fronk and will attack anyone who doesn't tow the party line.
I think Lampard has got quite a bit wrong but equally I see a more positive fan based, a clear blueprint for how the squad will be built, a manager and DOF working in alignment, a team with work ethic and clear direction of travel in terms of tactics. There is a lot to be positive about and points will come...

I think because the last 6 managers have been chased is precisely why we need to back the manager now. Continually changing manager has not worked and has just left us with 2 or 3 players from each regime.
The results have been poor this season but at least there does seem to be a plan going forward we have to give him time to complete his team building and see where it takes us.
If we sack him now we just go back to square one with another new manager, I dont know if he will be successful nobody does but we must give him the chance to build a team in his image.
This after all is his first transfer window there isnt a football manager alive or dead that has created a winning team in the time we have given Frank that includes Klopp, Guardiola, Ferguson, Kendall and Clough.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.