2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our fans said this for both Martinez and Silva - the writing is slowly on the wall you feel.

I agree Lampard needs more time but he has to improve massively otherwise the DOF will have his heed on the chopping block and rightfully so.

In hindsight the club panicked with Fronk they should have appointed an interim until the seasons end then let Thelwell pick the appointment.
I just don't wanting us getting to far into a hole we can't dig out of, He has until the end of September to sort this out for me

It’s only the managers fault when it’s the Fat Waiter and Allardyce. It’s the players fault when it’s Frank and Big Dunc.
The squads in one shape or another have seen off manager after manager, it’s high time people start realising that maybe, just maybe it isn’t the manager’s fault (for the most part).

Benitez and Koeman were the only ones who couldn’t/wouldn’t try anything to turn their form around, Silva and Martinez at least got a performance if not a result, Allardyce is Allardyce and Ancelotti bar the last 10 games of his reign got them playing above themselves at times

By time we get to Liverpool, 6 games with no wins and bottom of the table and at least 4/5 points from safety will you be happy with that?

Silly question really because all Kopites would be over the moon with that..... I don`t get the lads on here claiming "they want what`s best for the club" yet they want to back the lad with a worse record that Rafael, hmm.

GTF
Blame the Board .....plus wasteful Managers & DOF before him .....

Our fans said this for both Martinez and Silva - the writing is slowly on the wall you feel.

I agree Lampard needs more time but he has to improve massively otherwise the DOF will have his heed on the chopping block and rightfully so.

In hindsight the club panicked with Fronk they should have appointed an interim until the seasons end then let Thelwell pick the appointment.

That lad with the spray can has a lot to answer for.

We've been backed into a corner because we've gone through so many managers. The only way Lampard loses his job this season is if at some point it looks like we're getting cut adrift. That could easily happen though. We are that bad across the park.

Acting like a striker is the only reason we never beat Forest at Goodison, I am pretty sure Rondon is a striker isn't he?

We narrowly avoided relegation last season and this season we have 1 point from 9, who is going to come here that will carry us to wins? we need much more than a striker, get Claire sold and go again with more attackers.

He has.

Iwobi in his best form under Lampard
Gordon in his best form under Lampard
Pickford in his top form under Lampard
Patterson and Mykolenko have developed to be PL level under him.

A manager can do so much but sometimes it is down to the player. Lampard is not training Gordon to mishit every shot he takes, he doesn’t train Gray to lash it over the bar, he doesn’t train McNeill to under or over hit every through ball.

Not pick them? He doesn’t have any other options at the moment. He dropped McNeill yesterday and his replacement is Rondon. Gordon and Gray have no competition. He doesn’t have any options at the moment up top that are good enough.
Yes and how has he improved their contribution to the overall team output?

Gordon has 4 goals, two of which came from a game we lost against Brighton. Iwobi has one goal under Lampard. Doucoures form completely dropped off a cliff. Allan not fancied but the best manager in world football personally requested him.

Pickford still having flapping moments, not catching crosses and parrying shots into players paths. Mykolenko is not a wing back but Frank is playing him over Vinagre.

When will things become the perfect petri dish for Lampard to operate in? And if the conditions are right and he continues to fail so we keep blaming the conditions?

We've been backed into a corner because we've gone through so many managers. The only way Lampard loses his job this season is if at some point it looks like we're getting cut adrift. That could easily happen though. We are that bad across the park.

I do think we'll improve if Gana comes in + 1-2 attacking players but I dont think long term that improvement will be enough to have us pushing top half which is what the aim has to be in the coming 1-2 seasons.

I can a situation similiar to Martinez but with no Lukaku to bail us oot.

Ultimately Thelwell's reputation as a DOF is on the line - if Lampard/EFC fail then he gets pelters for his recruitment.

Its why I dont think Lampard's job is as safe as perhaps it may have been with Brands at the club.

Thelwell seem's ambitious / more hands on as a DOF and I have no doubt in my mind he'll be watching our play and questioning does Lampard understand the 3 at the back system well enough to work with his signings and get the best out of them long term.

I would go as far to say Thelwell will be waiting for the first excuse to peddle Frankel and bring in someone who likes the good ol 352 that he writes books on.

Acting like a striker is the only reason we never beat Forest at Goodison, I am pretty sure Rondon is a striker isn't he?

We narrowly avoided relegation last season and this season we have 1 point from 9, who is going to come here that will carry us to wins? we need much more than a striker, get Claire sold and go again with more attackers.

Good point mate, at the moment the team is unbalanced, personally i think we need something central is a play making role and a striker, with that i think we are more competitive. Im not convinced on McNeill but id trust the manager.

Im hopeful we are doing that, in flipping Dele i think we are freeing up space - while their will be murder unless a striker is brought in.

Rondon was blowing and five minutes behind player, the one time he actually caught up he dragged his shot wide

Status
Not open for further replies.