2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were clearly putting all their eggs in the DCL basket. They thought they could just rely on him all year and instead use the Richarlison money on defenders and mids. That's clearly what the plan was and it all unravelled inside a month.
How could anyone in football seriously have that as a plan? I agree with you btw, that was the plan.

Decisions like that shake any confidence you have in the organisation.

We have a DOF so no

Lampard doesn't decide who we sell

The DOF doesnt get involved in squad politics mate.

Lampard goes to Big Kev Thelwell and says "right Kev I want A, B and C bringing in".

Kev the DOF and his scouting team identify players that fit A, B and C and bring them in with the managers blessing.

If Lampard wanted DCL as his main CF then Big Kev Thelwell doesn't take it upon himself to spend £50 million on a CF that the manager didn't request.

Can I ask why is it the case with Lampard that he either has to be a really good manager or else he’s the worst in the league? I’m genuinely curious as to how some people think? There’s about 5 managers at most in this league that get more out of their players than their quality would suggest, Pep, Klopp, Conte, Potter and Thomas Frank.

I think the rest of the league is probably made of managers getting the expected return or worse than the quality of their players. Lampard is quite honestly closer to the 5 than he is to the rest, it still doesn’t change the fact that some of these players are genuinely awful. Why is it Lampard’s fault if players can’t pass or they lose possession or are just generally braindead when trying to take a player on? He sets us up to get the best possible result with the players that he’s got, I genuinely don’t think there’s a single manager of the other 14 that would’ve gotten anything from these first 2 games given the players on the pitch.

A manager can’t legislate for players giving the ball away or players not bothering to track back properly like we seen today or a player pushing someone down in the box for no reason like last week. All this doom and gloom honesty does my head in if I’m being honest. There’s a very clear improvement that’s been made on the pitch and in the squad and it is continuing.

Say what you want about being more prepared and all that but I don’t think any manager could imagine they’d lose their starting 2 CBs, midfielder and centre forward all to injury 2 weeks into the season, I don’t care how injury prone some of them are that is the height of unlucky and quite frankly we’d have coped without all but DCL, that’s been the killer. I would’ve loved for us to have all of our signings done by the first of July but football doesn’t work like that.

I see comments all the time of people moaning and groaning about the striker and all that but it along with a goalkeeper are the absolute hardest positions to recruit and the club have clearly been at it all summer long to try to get one in the door, I’m not having any of this nonsense of being left short or anything like that. Yes we need a forward but also the club are working on it and will get it done as soon as possible, I’d much prefer to get the right man on August 30th than the wrong man today.

We had a torrid season last year, I’m certain that we won’t be seeing a repeat of that this season but it certainly won’t help the situation if people are clamouring to get on Lampard’s back 2 games into the season when the window is still open for weeks and whilst we’re being badly caught with injuries. Lampard is still a very young manager who I’m sure is learning every day, you see the same with Arteta at Arsenal, took him 2 years and a lot of ups and more downs but they look like a really good side now that he’s been enabled to assemble and look a sure thing for Champions League qualification which is their goal. He’s been given chances to make mistakes and grow as a manager on the job, Lampard should be afforded the same.

If we get to the end of the window and are struggling with no forward reinforcements, getting hammered every week by all means be as negative as you want, I just don’t see any reality which that could be the case though. Stop trying to buy into this false media narrative that Lampard is some awful manager and we’d be much better off without him or worse that we’d be better with Benitez.

A striker will not fix this, we have a load of 'attackers' who are greedy have no game smarts and would not know an attacking pass combo if it slapped them in the face, they are all individuals who just run in straight lines.

So unless we bring in some smart attackers who can play between each other we are done

Can I ask why is it the case with Lampard that he either has to be a really good manager or else he’s the worst in the league? I’m genuinely curious as to how some people think? There’s about 5 managers at most in this league that get more out of their players than their quality would suggest, Pep, Klopp, Conte, Potter and Thomas Frank.

I think the rest of the league is probably made of managers getting the expected return or worse than the quality of their players. Lampard is quite honestly closer to the 5 than he is to the rest, it still doesn’t change the fact that some of these players are genuinely awful. Why is it Lampard’s fault if players can’t pass or they lose possession or are just generally braindead when trying to take a player on? He sets us up to get the best possible result with the players that he’s got, I genuinely don’t think there’s a single manager of the other 14 that would’ve gotten anything from these first 2 games given the players on the pitch.

A manager can’t legislate for players giving the ball away or players not bothering to track back properly like we seen today or a player pushing someone down in the box for no reason like last week. All this doom and gloom honesty does my head in if I’m being honest. There’s a very clear improvement that’s been made on the pitch and in the squad and it is continuing.

Say what you want about being more prepared and all that but I don’t think any manager could imagine they’d lose their starting 2 CBs, midfielder and centre forward all to injury 2 weeks into the season, I don’t care how injury prone some of them are that is the height of unlucky and quite frankly we’d have coped without all but DCL, that’s been the killer. I would’ve loved for us to have all of our signings done by the first of July but football doesn’t work like that.

I see comments all the time of people moaning and groaning about the striker and all that but it along with a goalkeeper are the absolute hardest positions to recruit and the club have clearly been at it all summer long to try to get one in the door, I’m not having any of this nonsense of being left short or anything like that. Yes we need a forward but also the club are working on it and will get it done as soon as possible, I’d much prefer to get the right man on August 30th than the wrong man today.

We had a torrid season last year, I’m certain that we won’t be seeing a repeat of that this season but it certainly won’t help the situation if people are clamouring to get on Lampard’s back 2 games into the season when the window is still open for weeks and whilst we’re being badly caught with injuries. Lampard is still a very young manager who I’m sure is learning every day, you see the same with Arteta at Arsenal, took him 2 years and a lot of ups and more downs but they look like a really good side now that he’s been enabled to assemble and look a sure thing for Champions League qualification which is their goal. He’s been given chances to make mistakes and grow as a manager on the job, Lampard should be afforded the same.

If we get to the end of the window and are struggling with no forward reinforcements, getting hammered every week by all means be as negative as you want, I just don’t see any reality which that could be the case though. Stop trying to buy into this false media narrative that Lampard is some awful manager and we’d be much better off without him or worse that we’d be better with Benitez.
Too much to read, but yeah media are clowns I agree with that.

amen brother.

Agree totally, but mate like reading a novel got a headache now ? ?

Too much to read, but yeah media are clowns I agree with that.
Fair enough, didn’t realise it was that long until I finished it. To cut a long story short, we’ll be better by the end of the window, injuries have been particularly unkind even for injury prone players and Lampard isn’t nearly as bad a manager as the media narrative and other fans try to paint him as with no real justification, I hate seeing other blues but into it considering how we can, or at least should be able to, see the obvious improvements that he’s made with us and that all he’s lacking is a striker which the club is clearly working on and will get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.