2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rarely if ever do the board or players get the sack, the buck in football stops with the manager, it’s an occupation hazard of the job for which they are richly rewarded. He will walk away with a decent wedge, we are left with the mess. I have zero sympathy for sacked managers.
Well said. Always baffles me when people say "it's sad a Prem manager lost his job" when said employee walks away with a 7 figure pay off (or even 8 figures sometimes). More money than 99.9% of people of this forum will ever see; all before getting right back on the job merry-go-round a few months later.

Pressing high and leaving yourself vulnerable against a good side is not very sensible. Our tactics were horrible and made it far too easy.

Any week we set up to press high and play out from the back is a week where we will more than likely lose.

The decision to change style and formation was idiotic and the scoreline proves it
You're not wrong but it's because Frank is a crap manager and not because how we played against City is good, acceptable, or something that we should carry on doing. If you're more likely to lose playing football then time to change the man in charge

Depends on what type of terrible football you're playing really.

If you're playing terrible ineffectual football then results will be poor but if you're playing terrible pragmatic football then the results will come.

Benitez was ineffectual but allerdyce was pragmatic.

Then by bringing in better players pragmatic football can become entertaining. Look at simeone if he was in charge if us it would be terrible to watch, if you put him in charge of liverpool it would be entertaining but he would get results at both.
No Allardyce was ineffectual as well, just luckier. It always comes back to Earth.

Lampard must be close to our worst manager based on results? Surely the worst of the moshiri bunch at the very least.
Purely on stats quite possibly but I doubt many, if any, of his predecessors had such a dire squad at their disposal

Well said. Always baffles me when people say "it's sad a Prem manager lost his job" when said employee walks away with a 7 figure pay off (or even 8 figures sometimes). More money than 99.9% of people of this forum will ever see; all before getting right back on the job merry-go-round a few months later.
Who are the 0.1%? I could do with some new friends.

Pressing high and leaving yourself vulnerable against a good side is not very sensible. Our tactics were horrible and made it far too easy.

Any week we set up to press high and play out from the back is a week where we will more than likely lose.

The decision to change style and formation was idiotic and the scoreline proves it
Pressing high is not a big problem. The half arse press is the main issue. Brighton were struggling in the early stages of press. Our player simply not discipline enough to execute it properly, the deep defensive line is not helping either.

It really was staggering that instead of punting him, they let him take the squad 20,000 miles around the world for a nice holiday.
'holiday'?!? I think you'll find we beat a Champions League level team that once-upon-a-time beat Barcelona AND put 5 past the best soccerball side east or west of Yabbi Creek.

We'll always have that trophy I suppose. (I'm assuming there was a trophy? Imagine going all that way for a pre/mid-season glorified friendly and not getting a medal...)

Frank has spent very little over the last year compared to his peers and he inherited a side that had won just one match in 13.

Even Allardyce would struggle to keep this set of players in this division. It’s not that they don’t try and don’t want to do well; it’s that they’re simply not good enough. Having said that, some did seem to stop giving their all once the abuse from the fans became particularly intense.

Either way these next few games are probably the most important in our club’s illustrious top-flight history.
They are last for at least a few years. Perhaps for a few decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.