2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to go one step further with this, looking at the below it shows that both Benitez and Lampard are Mike Walker levels of ? , this post isn`t to hammer them but it shows we have fallen way below the levels we were at in the 90s which I didn`t think was ever possible. Such a shame we couldn`t have kept Joe Royle for longer....

View attachment 187947
Numbers don’t lie. If things don’t change sack this fraud. He gave us McNeil for Richarlison.

He’s got until Christmas. If the L turns RED I think lampard deserves the sack

I actually like Roberto Martinez looking at this table he was far far superior than the BS we brought in. We actually had a good attack and he signed prime Lukaku.
WHO DID WE SIGN IN THEIR PRIME UNDER LAMPARD!?!? MCNEIL !

Last edited:
This squad was a basket case when Frank came in. Every area of the squad needed upgraded. You can’t do that in one window with no money to spend.

We didn’t compete in so many games last season and Frank made that his priority, make us more solid, he’s done that.

Realitically this season is about staying in the league. We sold our main goal threat, a player with match winning quality in Richarlison. There’ are no other players in the squad (other than DCL) with a history of scoring goals, creating big chances, assisting. Goals and chances were always going to be real hard to come by this season so no big surprise we’re struggling in that department.

Frank is well aware that the next round of recruitment needs to be focussed on creativity and goals - he referenced that in his Palace press conference. If he upgrades the forward line as he has with the defence and midfield, he’ll have us moving up the league. Just need to be patient, frustrating though it is.

"We're not in the position to bring in £50M strikers and are looking for the competition between Maupay and Calvert-Lewin".

Put that on the head stone of this season in May.
DCL stays fit for the next four games, and then we buy in Jan, and we will still finish in the top ten...

I was extremely disappointed in the last three matches, but I still feel we will finish top ten...

Why this thread …..? We’re still building … some disappointment recently but not enough to put us down n a Tory style new leader every few weeks track !
Remember what almost happened last season was partly down to our rotating door manager policy
Mid table will do this season .. let the man build

This squad was a basket case when Frank came in. Every area of the squad needed upgraded. You can’t do that in one window with no money to spend.

We didn’t compete in so many games last season and Frank made that his priority, make us more solid, he’s done that.

Realitically this season is about staying in the league. We sold our main goal threat, a player with match winning quality in Richarlison. There’ are no other players in the squad (other than Dominic Calvert-Lewin) with a history of scoring goals, creating big chances, assisting. Goals and chances were always going to be real hard to come by this season so no big surprise we’re struggling in that department.

Frank is well aware that the next round of recruitment needs to be focussed on creativity and goals - he referenced that in his Palace press conference. If he upgrades the forward line as he has with the defence and midfield, he’ll have us moving up the league. Just need to be patient, frustrating though it is.

It can't just be about staying in the league. There's go to be some progress on last year. That could be as simple as getting to April and know we're staying up.

And honestly, unless you buy 3 of the best attacking players in the world the forwards will still struggle in this current set up. The approach needs to be developed as much as the players need to be changed.

Numbers don’t lie. If things don’t change sack this fraud. He gave us McNeil for Richarlison.

He’s got until Christmas. If the L turns RED I think lampard deserves the sack

I actually like Roberto Martinez looking at this table he was far far superior than the BS we brought in. We actually had a good attack and he signed prime Lukaku.
WHO DID WE SIGN IN THEIR PRIME UNDER LAMPARD!?!? MCNEIL !
Hi Meeeeeert,

Can you explain to the group what a Director of Football is??

It can't just be about staying in the league. There's go to be some progress on last year. That could be as simple as getting to April and know we're staying up.

And honestly, unless you buy 3 of the best attacking players in the world the forwards will still struggle in this current set up. The approach needs to be developed as much as the players need to be changed.
There is progress, we were the easiest team in the league to play against last year. If we conceded a goal it looked like we’d concede another 3 or 4. The midfield were the least mobile, competitive in the league. So there has been progress. We’re building from such a low base though and to do this we had to sell our only player who was a match winner and goal scorer of 10/15 goals a season.

Next window we’ll focus on attack and then you’ll see us going up the league.

Most managers Moshiri chased had something on their CV to have some hope tho.

Koeman - 5th + 6th place finishes with Southampton playing some good togger and a couple of pots.

Silva - few pots in Portugal/Greece (albeit underwhelming at Watford after a few good results).

Alladyce - performances were crap but he did what he does and made us solid.

Ancelotti - great CV

Benitez - great CV

Lampard has none of the above unfortunately - bottled an FA Cup final against an Arsenal side famed for being soft bellied in recent years and failed to get a decent Derby side promoted. Currently has a poor win percentage as EFC Boss with performances not much better than last season.

If those who held Benitez to such high standards did the same with Lampard I would imagine there would be far less excuses being thrown around currently if we're going down the road of whataboutery.

lol

And you were behind all them managers were you? The voice of reason, advising the posters of GOT of the virtues of patience and stability?

No, the stance of being patient and calling for managerial stability was wheeled out for Benitez. You know this though, which is why you've tried to just act as a weird little cheerleader with all the thumbs up rather than be your normal outspoken self.

It's not whataboutery. It's just clear that you always have some underlying agenda. Why that is, remains to be seen, but it's beyond doubt in most peoples eyes that you do.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin stays fit for the next four games, and then we buy in Jan, and we will still finish in the top ten...

I was extremely disappointed in the last three matches, but I still feel we will finish top ten...
It's a midtable team with the addition of a very good striker in January.

Top half of midtable I'm VERY doubtful of. I think there's an overestimation of the quality of our lot. Pickford, Gordon and the two CBs are about all the players we have who'd be considered top half of the table players.

My own view, is Moshiri doesnt see him as his man, and will be happy to jettison him. I doubt he looks favourably on the board bouncing him into the decision.

We probably end up with some really left field shojt if he does that too. Whoever that Kia fella is representing. Maybe Nuno.
Apparently Moshiri wanted Lampard out in the summer.

If we struggle in the next couple of games I can see someone like Dyche in here.

Realitically this season is about staying in the league. We sold our main goal threat, a player with match winning quality in Richarlison. There’ are no other players in the squad (other than Dominic Calvert-Lewin) with a history of scoring goals, creating big chances, assisting. Goals and chances were always going to be real hard to come by this season so no big surprise we’re struggling in that department.

That makes it sound like we couldn't have brought a striker in to replace Richarlison.

The work done on CD and CM has been good. However, the judgement to go with Calvert-Lewin was madness. You need goals to survive and we dont get many.

You'll see again today just how mad that decision was when we start Maupay as our goal threat and Calvert-Lewin resumes his position on the bench because he cant play back to back games

Status
Not open for further replies.