1- Carlo Ancelotti 1.53
2- David Moyes 1.50
3- Ronald Koeman 1.47
4- Roberto Martinez 1.44
5- Sam Allardyce 1.42
6- Marco Silva 1.28
7- Frank Lampard 1.03
8- Rafael Benitez 1.00

I think this just highlights how far away we are from the pre Benitez days, we are miles off it! Pressure needs to be applied to frank to get results, if he isn`t capable then we need to have some balls to try something else, I will not accept relegation because Frank is a nice fella and gets the club......
I wanted to go one step further with this, looking at the below it shows that both Benitez and Lampard are Mike Walker levels of ? , this post isn`t to hammer them but it shows we have fallen way below the levels we were at in the 90s which I didn`t think was ever possible. Such a shame we couldn`t have kept Joe Royle for longer....

1666371736070.png

Nothing wrong with it if we are Wolves or Forest. Set up so negative and prayed for a breakaway. Now we are behind he has sent to big lumps on. I expect better from a Sunday league manager

Hi mate, hope you don't take this the wrong way but in the face of some pretty serious competition you're staking a fine claim for the worst poster on this grand old site.

May the fury of a thousand Vanilla Cokes saturate your keyboard.

Comparing him already when we have barely survived the PL and lost our best player in Richie. He started at the back (better) then the midfield (better) and now he has to improve the duds up front. The same duds that failed last season. Now for arguments sake he could have started at the front and worked backwards but we know what last seasons defence and midfield was like.
Those other managers apart from maybe Joe Royle, Walter Smith and Moyes didn't take over a team as bad as we had last season. Joe Royle hit the ground running, Walter Smith didn't do much but had cash taken away from him and Moyes was so so but given the time. If January sees no movement in the market providing he has money to spend then I will start to get a bit worried. We have just lost 3 on the trot to better teams than us so let us see how we fair against similar teams to us

Comparing him already when we have barely survived the PL and lost our best player in Richie. He started at the back (better) then the midfield (better) and now he has to improve the duds up front. The same duds that failed last season. Now for arguments sake he could have started at the front and worked backwards but we know what last seasons defence and midfield was like.
Those other managers apart from maybe Joe Royle, Walter Smith and Moyes didn't take over a team as bad as we had last season. Joe Royle hit the ground running, Walter Smith didn't do much but had cash taken away from him and Moyes was so so but given the time. If January sees no movement in the market providing he has money to spend then I will start to get a bit worried. We have just lost 3 on the trot to better teams than us so let us see how we fair against similar teams to us
Moyes was up and down every season for his first, what, 6? From 7th, to 17th, to CL, to 11th, etc.

We have to stabilise. Also agreed on your point that we had to start from the back - if anything, I'm glad we're starting with that instead of going for the Martinez approach of bringing more forwards and playing kamikazeball lol Saw the problem - worked on a fix. Likewise, came in with the 3-4-3 idea, quickly saw how badly we performed and switched it (or was forced to, but at least persisted with the 4-at-the-back formations). These are all positives, and hopefully we can build on this and be stronger this season and get even better next season. Hopefully we also get a few games in though, the quality of the lower league is currently in our favour (as we're also not exactly fantastic or in some great form), so this should work well short term...

Problem for me personally is still playing too cautiously at all times really. That and the fact that our wingers are absolute ass and provide nothing for the forward(s) doesn't really help either, but idk how much of a problem from Lampard is the fact that Gray has 2 braincells and Gordon is exactly as poor as I remember him to be before he was labelled a messiah because he runs at people and dives.

Not read much of this thread but i'm guessing its a lot of knee jerking because we lost to Spurs (away), United and Newcastle (Away) and didn't get battered by any of them. Lets see how we go over the next 5 shall we?

My point is that the knee jerking will come from the owner and it doesn't matter what we all think.

FL needs to get a couple of wins in the next 4 games or Moshiri will act. I think we all know that stability is required, so most will hope he gets them.

Not read much of this thread but i'm guessing its a lot of knee jerking because we lost to Spurs (away), United and Newcastle (Away) and didn't get battered by any of them. Lets see how we go over the next 5 shall we?
I think if we lose, some fans would deffo prefer it to be by a bigger margin.

"We're not in the position to bring in £50M strikers and are looking for the competition between Maupay and Calvert-Lewin".

Put that on the head stone of this season in May.

My point is that the knee jerking will come from the owner and it doesn't matter what we all think.

FL needs to get a couple of wins in the next 4 games or Moshiri will act. I think we all know that stability is required, so most will hope he gets them.

My own view, is Moshiri doesnt see him as his man, and will be happy to jettison him. I doubt he looks favourably on the board bouncing him into the decision.

We probably end up with some really left field shojt if he does that too. Whoever that Kia fella is representing. Maybe Nuno.

My own view, is Moshiri doesnt see him as his man, and will be happy to jettison him. I doubt he looks favourably on the board bouncing him into the decision.

We probably end up with some really left field shojt if he does that too. Whoever that Kia fella is representing. Maybe Nuno.

Moshiri will just be pleased he’s hired someone the fans actually like for once. Gives him some breathing room and his wallet can stay shut a bit longer.

Moshiri will just be pleased he’s hired someone the fans actually like for once. Gives him some breathing room and his wallet can stay shut a bit longer.

Logically you are correct.

I have little faith in Moshiri though. I dont believe he acts, or thinks in such a logical way.

I should add, I am fully behind Lampard, so it's not me wanting him.gone or whatever. But I wouldnt trust Moshiri at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.