2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason he's still in a job is that we are so scared of making another change. The results and performances and his own personal decision making, have all been well short of the minimum requirements.

He's shown horrendous naivety in the last few weeks. I expected an awful lot more

The next run of 5 games include 3 very winnable home games. We need results or we're toast. Unfortunately I think its all inevitable now after yesterday, its just when he goes this season.

I'm far from being convinced about Lampard on a tactical level. I've continuously said he makes some daft decisions to play a more open game against dangerous opposition - Leicester being the latest example.

But he galvanised the players and fanbase last season to get us safe when one more managerial bad move would have seen us in the Championship. He gets credit for that. He also gets credit for assembling a CD unit for about 10 bob.

The one big issue for me with him is the failure to move heaven and earth to get a replacement for Richarlison and spending what cash we had on tat like McNeil and Maupay.

I think we should keep FL and hand him the January to see if he's got a grip of this after spending a few more quid.
Hard to argue with any of that Dave. I'm sick of us chopping and changing as we all know at this point the issues run much deeper than the manager. he just happens to be the most convenient fall guy. Nobody can tell me that XI yesterday couldn't have played much better. Comparing the XIs, there's barely a player you'd have taken from theirs. And yet our lot underperform massively. It's a tale as old as time with us, but who gets the sack? The manager. Sick of it.

Guimaraes joined Newcastle on 30th January, by time he signed they had gained 10 points on us from the time Howe took over. I know this doesn`t suit your narrative but the truth hurts...

Lampard isn`t all you think he is, we could have kept a better performing manager in Benitez but I bet you were out there with your pitchfork. Didn`t matter that we couldn`t sack managers then!
Means nothing when all he was doing was bringing utter toxicity to the club, sadly that’s creeping back in in some quarters

The only reason he's still in a job is that we are so scared of making another change. The results and performances and his own personal decision making, have all been well short of the minimum requirements.

He's shown horrendous naivety in the last few weeks. I expected an awful lot more

The next run of 5 games include 3 very winnable home games. We need results or we're toast. Unfortunately I think its all inevitable now after yesterday, its just when he goes this season.

This. Unless there’s an instant improvement after the break then wasting this period of time we have will be disastrous. People need to remember there’s no Norwich or Watford this year.

Say it every time but January is truly massive for us,a playmaker,a wide striker and centre forward,money coming in from sales for Gordon,Mina,Holgate,Keane,I wouldn’t be bothered if we took the dough for Calvert Lewin either,we need to totally restructure our attacking options.

Doesn't matter who we bring in unless we change the manager. Put out better players who have no idea of how to operate as a cohesive unit, and all you have is an even more expensive failure.

Hard to argue with any of that Dave. I'm sick of us chopping and changing as we all know at this point the issues run much deeper than the manager. he just happens to be the most convenient fall guy. Nobody can tell me that XI yesterday couldn't have played much better. Comparing the XIs, there's barely a player you'd have taken from theirs. And yet our lot underperform massively. It's a tale as old as time with us, but who gets the sack? The manager. Sick of it.
I agree, yet they looked so much fitter, faster and stronger than us. We may as well have had a statue of Dixie Dean in the middle the way they tore through us at will and with devastating pace, always with an end result/shot on goal too. It's wrong.

Out of any manager I want to see a plan, I want to see a foot print of the style of football we will be adopting
Sadly at this moment in time I see neither

The Brentford’s and others have the style of football and tactics in place - hence why they do OK

We just seem to make it up as we go along

Don't think you're in any position to criticise match going fans and the self serving supper bloos can do one.
Truth hurting for you is it bloonose?

Firstly, the only fans I am criticising are the ones who clapped the teles when kenwrights grid came up and gave dogs abuse to those of us who stood and left on 27 mins at the arsenal game last season, who are probably the same ones in the toxic away end yesterday. Like I said, I have no problem with supporters kicking off at frank and the players, they pay their money, they take their choice, but they should be focusing on the inept, incompetent board first.

Secondly, why am not in any position to criticise “match going fans” - I am one, you moron.

Thirdly, what is a self serving super bloo? How am I or others who wanted to make a statement at the arsenal match but were derided and abused, in any way self serving? We want the board out and what’s best for the club. You true blue kenwright apologists are what’s wrong with us, not me.

It’s absolutely inevitable imo. It’s clear he isn’t the type of manager who can get a tune out of an utterly abysmal set of players. It’s sad that it has to end this way but for me it definitely is the end now, I don’t see him turning it around. Do we trust our wonderful owner to have a plan in place for when the time comes and he pulls the trigger? I’ll let you be the judge of that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.