2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely can't imagine how you could improve Watford. Their commitment to their art is an inspiration.
giphy.gif

He's had the time and money though. We took out Richarlison from the squad and handed Frank 100% of that money and then about £10m on top of it. He and Thelwall happily waltzed into the season with a attacking unit that wouldn't stand out in Sunday League football.
Yet improved the rest of the team, which was in shambles. The team tonight was more or less last year's starters, and you can see exactly how great they are.

I'd argue not letting in 5 goals a game is/was more important for us short term.

Also unfortunate our best striker option instantly got injured really, bet that wasn't the plan.

Yet improved the rest of the team, which was in shambles. The team tonight was more or less last year's starters, and you can see exactly how great they are.

I'd argue not letting in 5 goals a game is/was more important for us short term.

Also unfortunate our best striker option instantly got injured really, bet that wasn't the plan.
Not sure about that last part because he'd demonstrated that he's not reliable to stay fit, plus what manager in history has even gone into a season with one striker in their entire squad? Rondon doesn't count as a professional footballer by the way.

Was it extreme naivety by Lampard and Thelwell or just abysmal judgement? Got it so badly wrong.

If they've spent our budget for the season then they've relegated us as there is no improving what we have to offer as an attacking unit in terms of the current squad.

Honestly just get rid of him now and get someone that’s actually proven themselves as a manager come in over the break to get the squad in order.

Beaten by Bournemouth’s B team - no excuses at all. Don’t wanna hear about no money to replace Richarlison against a side who had Jamal Lowe up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.