2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He never said they were?
He did, lad listed 4 players left out, he tried to be clever with me and say half of them were injured and got it wrong.
What he should of done was ignore my post and reply to the lad i spoke to, but he couldn't becusse he is trying to out wit me, which he has zero chance of doing.

Seventh?

Last season, Benitez had a negative net spend. This summer, we sold our best player due to our financial mis management over several seasons. The chickens have come home….

Our target this season is 17th or higher. Survival. That is what our spending over th last two seasons tells me.

Sacking the manager won’t make a difference. Take your anger out on the board and press them to invest in strikers. Don’t give them the easy option of blaming the manager. Twelve in six seasons tells me the problem is in the boardroom.
Twelve managers in 6 seasons ?

And so on we go, rebuilding after a manager is here for a short stint, again. Before we call for sacking the next guy in 10 games time.

A better Watford, if you will.
He's had the time and money though. We took out Richarlison from the squad and handed Frank 100% of that money and then about £10m on top of it. He and Thelwall happily waltzed into the season with a attacking unit that wouldn't stand out in Sunday League football.

Oh absolutely, I can’t abide managers throwing cup games, it’s just not on under any circumstance for me, play the first 11, win the game, and then look at the next one.

The manager can be criticised without wanting him fired. In my view it needs to be fair criticism though. Some of the stuff after the Spurs and Newcastle games were absolutely ridiculous, tonight however he’s made himself fair game.

In the wider view he’s improved the defence a lot in my view (don’t care what stats people are dragging up about xg shots conceded - Patterson Coady Tarkowski Mykolenko are miles better than Coleman Keane Holgate Kenny, anyone can see that)
and he’s not really been given the resources to replenish the front line properly.

In the last few windows alone Richarlison James Siggurdson Bernard Walcott Kean Tosun have all left the club. They didn’t all pull up trees for Everton but that’s a lot of attacking players, two of them very good for us.

In their place we’ve brought in Gray, Townsend, Rondon, Maupay, McNeil and Gordon from the academy.

It’s just nowhere near good enough. Now we can say that Thelwell and Lampard maybe didn’t spend the McNeill money wisely but 20 mill gets you nothing in todays market.

That collection of attacking players is not good enough. When you go past the first choice defence the players aren’t good enough. When you go past the first choice midfield the players aren’t good enough.

Frank has his pros and cons and we can debate them all day but ultimately we are not set up to compete in this league. We’ve assembled a bottom half squad quality wise and are now operating under a bottom half budget. These are the results, bottom half football.

If the board are serious about ambition thsn there’ll be a clutch of attacking players for Lampard in January. I very much doubt it though.

You know Bounemouths team had alot of changes too right?

Agree about needing attacking players.

Because it was a meaningless game

He was protecting our starting XI, ensuring they were ready for a game that matters (Saturday)

If the player responded well and played well, then Frank now has more guys to play in games that matter

There are literally dozens of other reasons he'd choose to go about it this way

Correct. The same as the Bournemouth manager did when he also rotated most of his team.

Absolute BS. Tell that to the fans who made the trip down.

You think that our squad of players can win a cup?

Not a cup game, the actual cup itself.

The entire competition.

You thought we could win it?

Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.