2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It means most good players are good because they shoot a lot not because they are much more accurate. Son is the exception.
“Good players are good because they shoot a lot” - what a load of tripe!
Give me a good player who scores “accurately” with the one decent chance that he gets, over any amount of so called “most good” players who shoot a lot but couldn’t hit the proverbial barn door!

“Good players are good because they shoot a lot” - what a load of tripe!
Give me a good player who scores “accurately” with the one decent chance that he gets, over any amount of so called “most good” players who shoot a lot but couldn’t hit the proverbial barn door!
It's not how it works

He’s done that at U18/21 level, no guarantee he’d do it at PL level and comparisons to Rooney are ridiculous as he was a freak of nature and unreplicated

Moyes brought Rooney on as a sub, why not give this lad a chance similarly in the 2nd half. As I said what have we to lose.

Moyes brought Rooney on as a sub, why not give this lad a chance similarly in the 2nd half. As I said what have we to lose.
I agree, we should give these lads a try, even if its only for 15-20 mins in a game as we won't ever know if they are good enough unless they get a chance. We are a club that could really do with having a productive youth setup, it could really help us in the long run. If we are not going to make the most of it we should just go down the Brentford route and scrap the academy and save ourselves a load of money each season.

I agree, we should give these lads a try, even if its only for 15-20 mins in a game as we won't ever know if they are good enough unless they get a chance. We are a club that could really do with having a productive youth setup, it could really help us in the long run. If we are not going to make the most of it we should just go down the Brentford route and scrap the academy and save ourselves a load of money each season.
I say this every time but I just completely disagree with this idea. We employ coaches and managers to decide whether these players are good enough. If we're doing it properly then there should never be a situation where players are just getting pitched in to see if they're not good enough or not, that decision should have been made way before we get to that stage.

I say this every time but I just completely disagree with this idea. We employ coaches and managers to decide whether these players are good enough. If we're doing it properly then there should never be a situation where players are just getting pitched in to see if they're not good enough or not, that decision should have been made way before we get to that stage.
Tbh id get rid of the youth setup and save the money if it was up to me.

Save money, hmmm, we sold Rooney, Rodwell, Jeffers over the years, for really good money, it pays for itself when the likes of Hibbert, Osman, Gordon come through for the first team also.

Correct. I would expand it though, cos the common denominator is clear for all to see with those lads. Nowt wrong with that. Liverpool and the surrounding area has been a fertile ground for footballers for ever.

But so has Glasgow, South London etc etc, and more recently, Africa, with Asia looking to come on line pretty soon.

Save money, hmmm, we sold Rooney, Rodwell, Jeffers over the years, for really good money, it pays for itself when the likes of Hibbert, Osman, Gordon come through for the first team also.
We are the sort of team who should be making the most of the academy, it could really benefit us as a club. Just think we should be doing a lot more with it that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.