2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the players to at least try, and I think with a higher level manager maybe even have it work.
Our forwards are not good. Its not that complicated

We couldn't even get results playing the way you want when we had an in form Lukaku. Look at the end of Martinez's spell in charge.

The only thing we can do is be much more direct and aggressive if (and it is a big if) we can get Calvert Lewin back fit and into some kind of form.

Our forwards are not good. Its not that complicated

We couldn't even get results playing the way you want when we had an in form Lukaku. Look at the end of Martinez's spell in charge.
I look at it this way: bad forwards; more attacking, Bad defenders; more defensive.

We have the players to at least try, and I think with a higher level manager maybe even have it work.
The manager’s gradually trying to make us a hard to beat, counter attacking team. We have 3 players in our midfield options who are attack minded and 3 who are more defence minded. We can’t just play an attacking 3 every game, nor can we play 3 protectors

The manager’s gradually trying to make us a hard to beat, counter attacking team. We have 3 players in our midfield options who are attack minded and 3 who are more defence minded. We can’t just play an attacking 3 every game, nor can we play 3 protectors
I'm fine with being counter attacking. You still have to have ways to spring those attacks and we did not and do not.

I look at it this way: bad forwards; more attacking, Bad defenders; more defensive.
Well you're not playing to your strengths then

I dont get it personally. There's really only 2 ways to improve. The main one is better recruitment in attack. The other is the slow and gradual progress of coaching and players getting better the more they play together. But you are only ever likely to get small incremental improvements that way because you can only get so much out of less talented players.

Well you're not playing to your strengths then

I dont get it personally. There's really only 2 ways to improve. The main one is better recruitment in attack. The other is the slow and gradual progress of coaching and players getting better the more they play together. But you are only ever likely to get small incremental improvements that way because you can only get so much out of less talented players.
You are though, if you have good defenders you're relying on their abilities to hold up with less help and vice versa.

I'm fine with being counter attacking. You still have to have ways to spring those attacks and we did not and do not.
Exactly so we can’t play the way you want until we do, Iwobi, Doucoure and Onana do a lot of driving runs, Gana is a good pocket picker, Garner can pick a pass and Davies is Davies. We can’t play all six but at present our best option is the 3 that played tonight

You are though, if you have good defenders you're relying on their abilities to hold up with less help and vice versa.
You're asking us to open up and leave gaps so that we can try and get more out of mediocre forward players.

You do know other teams have good players who are able to use space to their advantage?

These teams have players far more likely to put the ball in the net than our players. Why would we want to give them more clear opportunities to score?

Status
Not open for further replies.