2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no issue with sacking him and didn't in May either. I just don't see it, maybe this time next year I'll be wrong.
Sack sack sack ,our club has to be stabilised we nearly went down last year yes. West Ham and Southampton last year we lose no we didn't because we can defend for a change improvement I think so

We're not there yet. Like, he's having to rebuild this squad. I'll be amazed if any of the front players are around in 2 seasons time.

We arent going to outscore opponents until we get some players who can create and score.
To me the midfield can battle teams and they should be allowed to do so. Try to play higher and actually have the ball in decent areas where guys like Iwobi and Onana, who I thought was excellent, can have an impact with the ball. I really think there's a way to play a little more and still not leave the back wide open. Obviously that didn't happen against United and Frank reacted with this instead of finding tweaks. I don't love that from a manager at all. We talk about continuity and throwing out two wholly different systems 6 days apart is how you never find it.

And if we do have period on top we might have the ball in good areas where the attackers can do something. Otherwise it just won't happen.

Nope, I think we have more talent than was on display today though.

No. You’re saying we should be able to be pragmatic and solid but also dangerous like Mourinho’s sides. Ignoring the enormous gulf in attacking class between us and his prime Porto, Inter, Chelsea etc.

If we were the above we’d be challenging for the title.

No. You’re saying we should be able to be pragmatic and solid but also dangerous like Mourinho’s sides. Ignoring the enormous gulf in attacking class between us and his prime Porto, Inter, Chelsea etc.

If we were the above we’d be challenging for the title.
I didn't and will not be using the word pragmatic. I think we can be more combative higher up and carry more of a threat without totally throwing away the ability to stop teams from creating chances, something we're not actually doing now btw.

I didn't and will not be using the word pragmatic. I think we can be more combative higher up and carry more of a threat without totally throwing away the ability to stop teams from creating chances, something we're not actually doing now btw.

Hello and welcome to the discussion about pragmatism you joined in on.

Pragmatism is arguably philosophy. I feel Frank will certainly draw on Mourinho's management at times.

Mourinho teams still could sustain period of pressure and score lots of goals. There is a middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.