2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinting heavily that Coleman will become a member of the coaching team at the end of the season. "He has to know from us that he can be part of this club in whatver capacity he wants".
Coleman does fit into the category of one of the club icons like cahill, jagielka, stubbs, baines etc. But is it always the best course of action to give them jobs they aren't proven in. We need the best candidate for the roles to be 100% efficient in what we are doing. Big Dunc is a fan favourite as a player but it's fair to say that on the pitch we didn't particularly excel while he was a coach. Not blaming him for it as such but just saying he could potentially have been one of the issues.

Coleman does fit into the category of one of the club icons like cahill, jagielka, stubbs, baines etc. But is it always the best course of action to give them jobs they aren't proven in. We need the best candidate for the roles to be 100% efficient in what we are doing. Big Dunc is a fan favourite as a player but it's fair to say that on the pitch we didn't particularly excel while he was a coach. Not blaming him for it as such but just saying he could potentially have been one of the issues.
I agree. But Lampard speaks of him as a leader and someone he rates. I'm happy to go with that estimate. He'd have to do his coaching badges etc.

IMO Coleman wouldn't hang around like a bad smell. He'll want to be a manager one day and will go out and earn the right to manage.

He has made the team hard to beat.

Hopefully another victory next Sunday to put us above Big Red.
He has made the team hard to beat with a great deal of help by the players Kevin Thelwell has brought into the club and I hope the Director of Football is allowed to continue this very welcome trend which is putting Everton FC back on the road to future success, Frank with Thelwell’s football knowledge beside him can forge a great partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.