2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defensive record has been great and we have a nice mix of experience and youth in that back four which has been pleasing to see.

The only downside I can potentially see is the Gana-Onana-Iwobi midfield perhaps being a little too defensive minded in the long run. In an ideal world, Onana would be right up there alongside Iwobi trying to make things happen 20 yards from goal but at the moment he naturally just wants to drop a few yards and that's been evident in a few games (notably on Sunday) were I thought we were playing a bit too deep at times, particularly after the goal.

If Lampard can sort that out, by either coaching it into Onana or using the likes of Garner off the bench to switch up the system if needs be, then that for me would be the next big step.

It’s strange how deceptive statistics can be.

Lampard has managed us for 25 Premier League games now, which is 3 more than Benitez.

His win percentage is 32%, which is marginally better than Benitez’s at 31.8%.

But that only tells a small part of the story.

With Benitez, we were on a curve heading downwards - but the trajectory with Lampard feels so much more promising.

We’re clearly improving, the dread is receding, and I’m looking forward to seeing how we progress this season.

Last season a lot of spectacular goals outside the box got us through. I dont see us being that desperate this season and we feel confident to play to feet and carry the threat into the area. We just dont have finishers apart from Maupay. That said, Gray had a glorious chance to get a shot off about 20 yards out and should have taken it, so it needs judgement when to go for a pass or have a dig. I have a feeling when Garner gets going we'll see a lot more efforts from range on goal...and if Townsend gets back also.

The major thing this season though is that tigerish defence.
I feel like Gray and Gordon are making the wrong decisions at the wrong times, I they could both work on decision making in their heads before a final ball, they'll ramp up a level because they're both dangerous running with the ball. Mind you they need to get the ghost of Rondon flushed first, we have a striker who can run now.

I feel like Gray and Gordon are making the wrong decisions at the wrong times, I they could both work on decision making in their heads before a final ball, they'll ramp up a level because they're both dangerous running with the ball. Mind you they need to get the ghost of Rondon flushed first, we have a striker who can run now.
Gordon is a good player but since the Chelsea interest his demeanour on the pitch has a bit of arrogance not the good kind. Just my opinion

Gordon is a good player but since the Chelsea interest his demeanour on the pitch has a bit of arrogance not the good kind. Just my opinion
I actually might kind of agree, I was thinking that Sunday but the lads 21 and has had a heap of media hype so just wait till they tear the lad down again as they will. If he can sort his decision making out the sky is the limit for the lad.

I actually might kind of agree, I was thinking that Sunday but the lads 21 and has had a heap of media hype so just wait till they tear the lad down again as they will. If he can sort his decision making out the sky is the limit for the lad.
No question he has the talent but he’s 21 and we’ve seen loads of younger players believe the hype in the epl at his who fall off a cliff….we just got rid of 1 in the summer

No question he has the talent but he’s 21 and we’ve seen loads of younger players believe the hype in the epl at his who fall off a cliff….we just got rid of 1 in the summer
That's the media for you though, a youngster has a good few games, suddenly they're the next "insert name" then inconsistencies start as they do ion young players and they get jumped all over. It's such a bubble they live in.

Lampard has given us hope again, happy days.

That's the media for you though, a youngster has a good few games, suddenly they're the next "insert name" then inconsistencies start as they do ion young players and they get jumped all over. It's such a bubble they live in.

Lampard has given us hope again, happy days.
Lampard has and if anyone can temper it down it will be him as he’s seen it done it and bought the T-shirt

The word is yet to reach Tyler and the BBC MOTD commentator who were talking this up as still a problem. Just shows how much homework they do on Everton.

They get a stock of cliches handed to them and they repeat them until told otherwise.
Rinse, repeat, rinse, rep......and so on!

The RS loving meeja really do have it in for us. There appear to be very few unbiased journos or radio/tv pundits/commentators who do not appear to have an agenda against Everton. It's as if they really have an indoctrinated or, dare I say, inbred insecurity that we MAY just become good and gatecrash their party.

We do need flair in the side. One equivalent of the Pienaar/Arteta loans in January would be ideal. The type of signings that were low risk and served us well. To do more than keep things ticking over.

There are always options, if they are creative and flexible enough to identify and pursue them. And good work has been done to date so it's encouraging in that respect.

If whe can be between 11-14 place this season i already looking very much forward to next seson. To new fowards in, they are allredy identified, Kudos and the young ukrainian lad.
Townsend and Rondon out of contract.

Midfield nothing needs to be done, Doucoure one year extension to get stability and Allan out contract.

Center backs , Cody inn on 3 year contract, Brantwaite back from loan. Mina is out of contract , sell one off Keane, Holgate or Godfrey.

Coleman out of contract, so need a player her, Vinagre has all seson to show if they think he is gonna be good or not.
Then I think we easy Will have a team good enough to fight for european places next season

With how limited our attacking options are, we must be fairly predictable to defend against. Ideally we would have a couple more bodies in, so we can change it up in attack.

Rondon isnt mobile, but he does hold the ball up well. You wonder if playing him and Maupay together might produce something?

We do need flair in the side. One equivalent of the Pienaar/Arteta loans in January would be ideal. The type of signings that were low risk and served us well. To do more than keep things ticking over.

There are always options, if they are creative and flexible enough to identify and pursue them. And good work has been done to date so it's encouraging in that respect.
Think we should be going straight back to Ajax for Kudus in January, especially if his playing time there continues to be staggered.

Rinse, repeat, rinse, rep......and so on!

The RS loving meeja really do have it in for us. There appear to be very few unbiased journos or radio/tv pundits/commentators who do not appear to have an agenda against Everton. It's as if they really have an indoctrinated or, dare I say, inbred insecurity that we MAY just become good and gatecrash their party.
The media are handed a list of handy cliches when Everton play:

• new stadium at the docks
  • Goodison is an atmospheric stadium - fans are worth a goal to us if they're fired up
  • the crowd love their players to get stuck in and wring their shirts into a bucket after the match
  • terrible recruitment in the last few years
  • Everton cant defend set pieces
  • Interest in Anthony Gordon
They work them into the commentary a couple of times each in 90 minutes and then they pack up and go to a game they actually want to cover because the facilities are top class for their nosebag and comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.