2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. As i said, this isn’t me saying lampard is awful let’s sack him, that would be crazy. What’s equally crazy though is people (and there are lots of them) saying ‘ I can’t believe anyones questioning frank, why are people worrying, we’ll be easily midtable’ etc.

At this moment in time I’d say we’re favourites to go down. People keep saying games have been close, but 3 of the games have been against other teams we’d expect to be down there, and we haven’t won any of them. It’s concerning.

Lampard has to find a way to start winning games. Nobody’s saying it’s easy but that’s the just the way football works. With the best will in the world, if we’re on 2/3 points after 7 games - which is possible to say the least - then he’s going to be under enormous pressure. There’s no point pretending otherwise.

He absolutely does need to ensure we are not in, say, late October with a crap points total making it seem difficult to get to 20pts by Xmas and with feck all positive to get behind. He has a tough job to do so since the poor start points wise with squad issues and now difficult fixtures. I hope it's recognised if we are looking good in a few weeks (not by yourself as such, in general by the Lampouts)

However I do think your complaint about those defending him is a bit of a straw man argument, as personally I think it's mainly the posters who come in with blanket negative criticism or comments on him with no context provided that are getting hounded.

There's plenty posts like @BlueToff above where he criticises the subs but clearly thinks he needs time. I don't think anybody will piling on for that comment.

Thankfully the posters are noisy but very few, and a good section are obvious WUMs. It's nice to see a general consensus that time and patience is needed, I hope it holds if things worse by next saturday

The five at the back hasn’t been the problem, it’s been the midfield and attack that’s the issue

Spot on.

It doesn`t matter who you`ve got in defence or how it`s set up, if the opposition are just constantly steaming through your midfield at will and also when you can`t get the ball up to your own attacking players.

I think this season goes two ways , either Lampard has steered us comfortably away from danger by December or he is dismissed and Martinez returns post -World Cup.

You`d like to think after the Benitez fiasco, that not even our board, would be that stupid, to bring back a manager, who was well on the way to sending us down.

He absolutely does need to ensure we are not in, say, late October with a crap points total making it seem difficult to get to 20pts by Xmas and with feck all positive to get behind. He has a tough job to do so since the poor start points wise with squad issues and now difficult fixtures. I hope it's recognised if we are looking good in a few weeks (not by yourself as such, in general by the Lampouts)

However I do think your complaint about those defending him is a bit of a straw man argument, as personally I think it's mainly the posters who come in with blanket negative criticism or comments on him with no context provided that are getting hounded.

There's plenty posts like @BlueToff above where he criticises the subs but clearly thinks he needs time. I don't think anybody will piling on for that comment.

Thankfully the posters are noisy but very few, and a good section are obvious WUMs. It's nice to see a general consensus that time and patience is needed, I hope it holds if things worse by next saturday
Tbf like if we're in a crap position by late October then we'll b in a crap position by Xmas this year!

If we’re in the bottom 3 by Christmas he’s surely gone. He gets the benefit of the doubt for now because he’s rebuilding. But unfortunately it’s a points game and we need them.

Still on the fence over his long term future.

I take my criticisms back. I'm willing to give him more time. He's a much better manager than Slippy at least.
They have both had less than desirable performances.

Gerrard's PL game record with Villa is 31 games and 38 points = 1.22 points per game.

Lampard's PL game record with Everton is 22 games and 22 points = 1 point per game.

You`d like to think after the Benitez fiasco, that not even our board, would be that stupid, to bring back a manager, who was well on the way to sending us down.
You would like to think so but we made a very concerted attempt to acquire him last time , appealing to the Belgium FA , and the manager himself reportedly eager to return to ‘unfinished business’, that I am certain if the opportunity arose he would be appointed with some haste.
Our subsequent shortlist was very short of names and quality as well.
Let’s just hope Lampard can sort this and prevent the apocalyptic scenario I have sketched above.

10years since we beat the RS at Goodison.
Great thing to.put on ya CV Frank.
We done ok at Leeds over the yrars so a good chance there.

Now , 1995/96season to beat Arsenal i think.
I am just quoting stats pages.

Wow,Frank get us 9points ,go into West Ham game buzzing.

coyb.
Have i been taking something ????

Frank cements himself into.our folklaw if he gets 12points, players to.

Status
Not open for further replies.