2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
We weren’t outplayed today? By a team that hit the post 3 times? On another day that was 4 or 5-1 mate. We were average against forest, rubbish against Villa.

He’s got one of the worst win % of any manager we’ve had and we’ve been so poor under him. I want nothing more for Lampard to work but I’m seeing little signs of progress.
If we are honest we lost the midfield until Davies and Allan came on. The whole second half we lost the midfield up to the changes, total capitulation. However given the players fully fit and available the team grinded out a draw. Give the man time and after years of rot in the club let Lampard and his team work on fundamentals, developing our players and allowing them to express themselves. Avoiding relegation/mid table and a cup would be our best season in decades. UTFT

They were the better team but why am I seeing stuff about how they could have won 4-1

Taking chances is a big part of football. Hence why we dont win often. Its not bad luck.
It’s not bad luck but it is luck. You’re seeing stuff from our fans saying that we could easily have conceded 4/5 goals because we could easily have conceded 4/5 goals.

That’s fine, it’s how football works, but it’s obviously worth talking about.

We have also bought Onana and Dwight McNeil. So didn't replace him with defenders.
Onana looks like he could be superb, but McNeil just seems a odd-at-best / pointless-at-worst signing. Been anonymous so far (granted only a few games in), but I'm not sure what purpose he serves. "Prem experience", "young", "versatile" etc - great and all, but was he a truly necessary signing? Did we get him solely because we didn't have to pay £15-20m up front?

A proper, non-perpetually-injured No9 was needed; especially with Richy's sale, and we've not really addressed that.

We could and probably should have scored another goal i thought. Brentford were the better side but it wasn't that one sided
A relatively even contest, Brentford slightly better; but for a home team to hit the woodwork 4 or 5 times and not win the game is disappointing. 9 times out of 10 we get nothing from that game. Take the point, enjoy a bit of luck, on to the next with 1 extra in the tally.

There isn't a point to aim for. But maybe you say "yep he's pretty hamstrung now" and see what we can do with Maupay/Dominic Calvert-Lewin/another.
He's hamstrung now but I wasn't even particularly impressed with Lampard when he had Richarlison. As I said, win on Tuesday and I'll calm down but I'm sick of seeing the same issues week after week.

who said we will? and i’m not surprised we’re a joke coz some of our fans are that
Don't win on Tuesday and we've gotten 3 points from 15. Lose the Derby (which going off of history is highly likely) then it's 3 from 18. Some of the best managers in the world get sacked for that kind of form.

We weren’t outplayed today? By a team that hit the post 3 times? On another day that was 4 or 5-1 mate. We were average against forest, rubbish against Villa.

He’s got one of the worst win % of any manager we’ve had and we’ve been so poor under him. I want nothing more for Lampard to work but I’m seeing little signs of progress.

Loads of people will swing on the next 3 games. No win after that and plenty who are screaming patience now will hit the panic button. Probably rightfully so tbh. You go that long without a win you know you're in trouble.

I was watching and around the 70min mark thought I’m just waiting for Brentford to score, and anyone watching the game would say the same, it was nailed on.

Why? Everton do this thing when we are bing pressed where after an opposition attack fails we try and slow down the game and calm it down, but it never works. We try and play out from the back and just get closed down quick and hoof it or lose it.

This is the problem for me, trying to turn down the tempo when we can’t control it.

Why don’t they turn up the tempo and meet fire with fire, give the opposition defence something to think about?

The moment we do that, the game changes and we stand half a chance of scoring or dare say it, winning.

But we continuously do this, it’s become habitual, and they just look lost.

Winning 0-1 against Brentford Away. If we think we deserve to be in the Premier League mid table or higher, then we need to be seeing this out for the 3 points.

It frustrates me how a lot of players probably resolve that it just wasn’t their day, or it was a good point away from home, but they forget it’s in their hands.

I wish Maupay was playing today, I feel it would have given us a good idea of how involved he’s going to be in where we finish, as games like today are when we need someone to popup with something extra or something a bit scrappy, or something a bit special.

All the other teams seems to have this, but we don’t seem to have a lot.

Onana looks like he could be superb, but McNeil just seems a odd-at-best / pointless-at-worst signing. Been anonymous so far (granted only a few games in), but I'm not sure what purpose he serves. "Prem experience", "young", "versatile" etc - great and all, but was he a truly necessary signing? Did we get him solely because we didn't have to pay £15-20m up front?

A proper, non-perpetually-injured No9 was needed; especially with Richy's sale, and we've not really addressed that.
Mcneil has shown a great first touch and some ambitious passing. Athletically he doesn't seem to be world class but that's not a problem. Its football not athletics. I reckon a lot of it is nerves coming to a big club like ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.