2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish it would have worked out, really liked the guy but he got himself sacked towards the end. You live and die by the results on the pitch

What was criminal was the club leaving him out to dry over the last 2 weeks. He had to front all the questions on recruitment and fan unrest because those massive shithouses, and our absentee Director of Football, went into hiding.
Facts.

He had everything, as a person, for it to work here, it's a huge shame.

I hope he gets another chance somewhere. He also needs to ensure he has better people around him too and listen to their advice. If he does that he can still be a very good manager.

I wouldn't rule out America for him, like Rooney.

It's sad but all he had to do was win one out of three against Wolves, Southampton or West ham and he would still be in a job. Criminal not achieving that really.
Yep he ultimately failed.

The players failed him too, mostly because they're crap.

And he was failed by those above him.

Ultimately, the fans have been failed by all of the above.

Deserved better than we as a club and fans gave him.

Should have kept Mike Walker in charge as well.

Good riddance to him.

Picsart_23-01-26_20-48-54-196.jpg

Yep he ultimately failed.

The players failed him too, mostly because they're crap.

And he was failed by those above him.

Ultimately, the fans have been failed by all of the above.

He didn't have an easy time here with the financial side of things and no forwards. Just a shame we didn't kick on after Palace.

Instead of telling everyone the next game isn't must win, he should have gone to the players and said "we've lost 5 out of the last 6 or 4 out 5 had been before Southampton - This is your cup final lads, I want you to go out there and give it your all, if you have to win one match this is it".

Ludicrous how managers can keep going on these runs where we don't win for 13/14 games.

He didn't have an easy time here with the financial side of things and no forwards. Just a shame we didn't kick on after Palace.

Instead of telling everyone the next game isn't must win, he should have gone to the players and said "we've lost 5 out of the last 6 or 4 out 5 had been before Southampton - This is your cup final lads, I want you to go out there and give it your all, if you have to win one match this is it".

Ludicrous how managers can keep going on these runs where we don't win for 13/14 games.
We don't know what he was saying to the players.

But yes. In our past three season we've done that twice now and then under Carlo did a run of 3 wins in 13.

Facts.

He had everything, as a person, for it to work here, it's a huge shame.

I hope he gets another chance somewhere. He also needs to ensure he has better people around him too and listen to their advice. If he does that he can still be a very good manager.

I wouldn't rule out America for him, like Rooney.
I couldn't get my head around why he didn't get someone in (or listen to someone already here) to fill in the obvious tactical gaps. A lot of the other stuff, particularly the soft skills, was really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.