2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure he can stay after this. I have grave concerns about the people who make the decisions choosing an adequate replacement, Bill will be all misty eyed wanting to bring back Martinez, Kev will want a ridiculous reunion with Nuno and Moshiri will have some brainless idea along the lines of Pereira. Worrying times indeed.

Facing Brighton tonight brings into focus how badly run we are. Their annual wage bill is a little over half ours. They recruit brilliantly on and off the pitch. The are lean, mean and focused whilst we appear a rudderless mess. We deserve to go down

It's always darkest before the dawn.
I think he'll go tomorrow morning.
Who comes in though? Big Dunc ? Dyche? Fat Sam? Stevie Geeeeee? What a nightmare.
Someone have a word with Moyes....
BIG DUNC?, BIG DUNC?, BIG DUNC. Sorry @roydo but this deserves a Charlton

planet-of-the-apes-charlton-heston.gif

JESUS WEPT!

I think that must be one of the worst ever performances I think I've ever seen (2nd half at least).

I'm very tempted to say I'd bet my house he will 100% not be EFC manager for our next game, but I'm pretty sure one of the ex-wives already took the house, so......

Jokes aside - he will be VERY lucky to keep his job. Granted, we are not yet half way through the season AND the transfer window "could" be pivotal, but that is a lot of points thrown away against teams we should have probably got something from (Leics, Forest, B'mouth, Wolves - most at home).

I want Lampard to succeed here more than any manager since Moyes, but you can't ignore the numbers (without looking them up, they must be close to Benitez-levels bad, if not worse). And before anyone says "who do we get if we sack him", the likes of Wolves and Brighton and Villa have attracted pedigree managers in the last month, so it's not impossible. Logic suggests a better manager would surely have 1-2 of our defeats into draws and 1-2 of our draws into wins, which could be the small difference come season-end.

Facing Brighton tonight brings into focus how badly run we are. Their annual wage bill is a little over half ours. They recruit brilliantly on and off the pitch. The are lean, mean and focused whilst we appear a rudderless mess. We deserve to go down
No wonder David Weir turned us down to stay with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.