2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todays performance proved i was right. We lost because we had absolutely nothing at centre forward. Not because of playing particularly badly or any mistakes from the manager.
One game . That's very rational thinking . We were harder break down. A free transfer at the back helped a lot with that
For an intelligent guy you really do lose all since of perspective at times.

Todays performance proved i was right. We lost because we had absolutely nothing at centre forward. Not because of playing particularly badly or any mistakes from the manager.
We lost because Doucs had a brain fart and gave away a soft pen, what good would a striker have been had we had to play Keane at the back instead of Tarkowski or not paired Doucoure and Iwobi in the centre and had to play Davies and/or Gomes?

Lets be honest we were never competing for europe this season likewise losing 1 game out of 38 isn't going to see us relegated.

Providing the squad is at a good level for future seasons I'm more than happy to let them take their time to do the right business.

Rushing around panic buying is what ends you up with the Toshun's of the world.
We can plan for the future all we like but if we have no goals then its pointless. No goalscorer and we will go down.

Points are being thrown down the drain.

Its been yet another shambles by the club. I'm fed up with them being utterly incapable of finding solutions to the most obvious of problems.
We just played a team that started Koulibaly and Sterling (£80m) and threw on a £50m full back.
Most solid player on the pitch was a free from Burnley.
Losing to Chelsea (via a pen) is not throwing points down the drain.
We've been badly managed but need to give somebody time.
Positives are Mykolenko and Patterson as young full backs. McNeil is 22 and Iwobi looks like a one of the midfielders we've been crying out for.
We need quality up front but need I'm pretty sure they are trying to address it. We've been so badly run in the past that it's making things more difficult.

One game . That's very rational thinking . We were harder break down. A free transfer at the back helped a lot with that
For an intelligent guy you really do lose all since of perspective at times.
Tarkowski is a great signing but he was a free transfer and should have had no impact on us getting a forward as well.

I've been saying what I've been saying for weeks. I think what I'm saying is logical.

We just played a team that started Koulibaly and Sterling (£80m) and threw on a £50m full back.
Most solid player on the pitch was a free from Burnley.
Losing to Chelsea (via a pen) is not throwing points down the drain.
We've been badly managed but need to give somebody time.
Positives are Mykolenko and Patterson as young full backs. McNeil is 22 and Iwobi looks like a one of the midfielders we've been crying out for.
We need quality up front but need I'm pretty sure they are trying to address it. We've been so badly run in the past that it's making things more difficult.
They were not good at all today so I dont agree. With a proper forward that game is there for the taking. The manager just wasn't provided with the tools he needs to win games at this level.

It will be the same next week too if we line up again without a top flight standard forward.

Definitely improved from last season but he needs more bodies in as fast as possible to be given a proper chance. Onana and Gana will strengthen us a lot but he has to be given a CB and striker urgently too, preferably this week.

Give him the tools and i am sure he will do a good job.

They were not good at all today so I dont agree. With a proper forward that game is there for the taking. The manager just wasn't provided with the tools he needs to win games at this level.

It will be the same next week too if we line up again without a top flight standard forward.
You say we weren't good but with a proper forward we could have won (I agree by the way). We played a team that should smash us if we are being brutally honest.
But our CF got an unexpected injury a few days ago and we played the team that spent the most in the window and won the CL a couple of years ago.
We have been badly run since Moyes left and we are suffering because of it. Lampard knows enough to see what we need. We need some stability and hopefully we can give him the time to provide it.
What I saw today suggests we will be more difficult to beat. It's going 2 down in 20 minutes to the likes of Norwich and Brighton that worry me, not losing via an iffy pen to one of the richest teams in the league.

We will buy a striker. DCL will come back. Even Rondon will come back. We will be fine. Think Lampard has a plan which bodes well….
Where on earth are you pulling that from? Rondon is a Championship striker at best, DCL can’t stay fit and knowing us, we will sign Tosun 2.0 from the Belgian division.

Nothing “bodes well” right now.

A 1-0 loss against a toothless Chelsea side and people are praising Frank.

This is why we don’t deserve good things. We revel in mediocrity and have done for decades.

A 1-0 loss against a toothless Chelsea side and people are praising Frank.

This is why we don’t deserve good things. We revel in mediocrity and have done for decades.
giphy.gif

Where on earth are you pulling that from? Rondon is a Championship striker at best, DCL can’t stay fit and knowing us, we will sign Tosun 2.0 from the Belgian division.

Nothing “bodes well” right now.
Aye mate. Probably from eight pints of lager. I apologise. Will try and be more negative in future ?

Status
Not open for further replies.