2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only been entirely sure over a managerial appointment once in my twenty-five years and counting as a blue, Carlo Ancelotti.

However, Frank Lampard has earned my faith, and I do believe in his ability to move us forward.

So far in his managerial career:

- Tasked with taking a Derby County side to play offs on the back of key player losses and a limited budget, achieved.

- Tasked with getting a Chelsea in disarray with a transfer ban Champions League football having lost Eden Hazard, achieved.

- Tasked with taking an Everton in freefall and civil war, to a united front that maintains its Premier league status, despite every other 'big club' in that scenario historically slipping into the abyss, achieved.

So, by that coin I have faith that we should task Frank with guiding Everton to BMD playing some form of European football.

That would be next season to stabilise and trying to set a way of playing, and then building on that to try achieving a top 7 finish in 23/24.

Patience on a two year plan is desperately needed. Next season may not be all rosy, but it could build to the bigger picture, European football at BMD.
Deserves 2 likes this!

I've only been entirely sure over a managerial appointment once in my twenty-five years and counting as a blue, Carlo Ancelotti.

However, Frank Lampard has earned my faith, and I do believe in his ability to move us forward.

So far in his managerial career:

- Tasked with taking a Derby County side to play offs on the back of key player losses and a limited budget, achieved.

- Tasked with getting a Chelsea in disarray with a transfer ban Champions League football having lost Eden Hazard, achieved.

- Tasked with taking an Everton in freefall and civil war, to a united front that maintains its Premier league status, despite every other 'big club' in that scenario historically slipping into the abyss, achieved.

So, by that coin I have faith that we should task Frank with guiding Everton to BMD playing some form of European football.

That would be next season to stabilise and trying to set a way of playing, and then building on that to try achieving a top 7 finish in 23/24.

Patience on a two year plan is desperately needed. Next season may not be all rosy, but it could build to the bigger picture, European football at BMD.
Two years is too short.

@PhoenixFirebird he called him "frank" like hes his best pal. Are you going to write him an essay?
Are you seriously remembering me every time you see someone post the manager's name? You seem to have suffered a massive burn, mate.... Let it go...

To all other patrons frequenting this topic, I apologize for Kirkdale's attempts in dragging me here to talk about an irrelevant point(in this thread). He just ran away from another thread without responding to some questions I raised, after throwing some inane insults my way, and is now trying to drag me in here unnecessarily. I apologize again, but be easy on him, he seems to facing a lot of challenges in life.

Thank you for your patience.

Even if we had gone down, after all the agony and nail-biting, I would like to think we would have kept Frank.

This is a guy who played at the top level for many years, earning millions, went into management with Derby - successfully - and then inevitably, Chelsea, not unsuccessfully. He spent a year out but still wanted to come to a club in a desperate situation.

He could have gone into the media and made another fortune. He is very intelligent and articulate. He's written children's books for heaven's sake!

But he's mad about football and he's mad about us.

He's achieved his first objective...Kept us in the league against the odds. Definitely done enough for us to get behind him. It's clear to see he's adapting his style where needed, and has managed to get the best out Iwobi and Gordon, and progressed Mykolenko nicely.

Even if we had gone down, after all the agony and nail-biting, I would like to think we would have kept Frank.

This is a guy who played at the top level for many years, earning millions, went into management with Derby - successfully - and then inevitably, Chelsea, not unsuccessfully. He spent a year out but still wanted to come to a club in a desperate situation.

He could have gone into the media and made another fortune. He is very intelligent and articulate. He's written children's books for heaven's sake!

But he's mad about football and he's mad about us.

I really hope he gets time to implement his ethos at the club. Its not gonna be sorted in one summer. My gut feeling is next season will be a bit of a struggle, and we'll be hampered by those dwindling down their contracts.

But I really do think the future is bright with Lampard. This club is an absolute mess at the moment, and fair play to Frank for digging in and rising to the challenege. This guy is a winner and he knows what it takes.

I really hope he gets time to implement his ethos at the club. Its not gonna be sorted in one summer. My gut feeling is next season will be a bit of a struggle, and we'll be hampered by those dwindling down their contracts.

But I really do think the future is bright with Lampard. This club is an absolute mess at the moment, and fair play to Frank for digging in and rising to the challenege. This guy is a winner and he knows what it takes.
I think ethos progression relies on a coherent relationship with DOF. Really hope he can start to rebuild us from the same page as KT

Questions about Frank being the right man or not will be open for debate for a while. The the main thing for me is, bar a disaster run like we had this season under Benitez he must be kept at the helm. Even if this season we finish anywhere from 10th- 14th. This season is going to be a struggle again, i just hope not as bad of a struggle as this season. He need 3 years minimum to sort the club out. Mentality being the big one. He has a got a coaching team who are winners. This summer is the start of a change I hope. If he takes us into Bramley Moore, he has done a good job, which I pray he does.

As a West Ham youngster Frank used to go home after training, don a track suit and run round the streets where he lived. He would do sprints, press-ups, star jumps the lot. On his own. His manager Harry Redknapp said he was like his dad. He made himself a better player through sheer grit. That's the sort we want at Everton - not some louche time-server but a real professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.