2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had people saying get rid of Frank to get Allardyce in just a few weeks ago. A few were saying Frank needs to go this summer even if we stay up. A good number were mouthing off about Carlo calling him a prehistoric dinosaur because he didn’t play the style they wanted. I don’t think Silva was rubbish, the club sold his best players and then replaced them with injured ones and panicked when it didn’t go very well.

We have to give this manager time to get the bulk of these players out the club. Moshiri bows to fan pressure nearly every time so it’s my sincere hope that if Lampard starts next season and there’s a tough run of games where we have a few injuries can anyone feeling the urge to go ‘get Frank out, we should have got Potter when we had the chance’ just please please reflect on the last 6 years.
Honestly tho mate, you really can not make a case for any of the managers we sacked, they all deserved it and were ALL given a reasonable amount of time to turn it around, something none of them showed any inclination of doing.

IMO.

Sorry, Big Sam didnt deserve the sack.

For me, he gets a free hit next seaaon, and somewhat for the following season. We have to give a manager time. With the massive rebuild that needs to be done,
not just the team, but the whole club. We have to be realistic and know this will take time.
It won't take much to push us towards the top 8, say. But anything more is not realistic.

We had people saying get rid of Frank to get Allardyce in just a few weeks ago. A few were saying Frank needs to go this summer even if we stay up. A good number were mouthing off about Carlo calling him a prehistoric dinosaur because he didn’t play the style they wanted. I don’t think Silva was rubbish, the club sold his best players and then replaced them with injured ones and panicked when it didn’t go very well.

We have to give this manager time to get the bulk of these players out the club. Moshiri bows to fan pressure nearly every time so it’s my sincere hope that if Lampard starts next season and there’s a tough run of games where we have a few injuries can anyone feeling the urge to go ‘get Frank out, we should have got Potter when we had the chance’ just please please reflect on the last 6 years.
I understand what you're saying with people being too impulsive and impatient with managers but sometimes there's Managers who aren't compatible with a club and a change is imperative. Look at Spurs so would you have just stuck with Nuno? As Conte completely brought forth a resurgence in the fortunes of the tottenham squad. Benitez wasn't sustainable either I think you should be willing to stand by a manger along as progress is present despite the results like Potter who still finished bottom table but was providing rousing performances on the regular. So if Frank can continue to achieve that beyond the results he will have my support

Because for us progress is going to be about finding players and working out how we want to play. Sometimes you lose matches as that happens.

The point is rebuilding this side is going to require some amount of willingness to ignore results for a year or two. Yes ideally while finishing comfortably midtable.
I agree. I don't think we are the in right position at the moment to say, "Frank has to finish 10th or better, make a cup final, etc. next season to be successful." We are in a rebuild, and like you said, it is going to take a year or two.

For me, he gets a free hit next seaaon, and somewhat for the following season. We have to give a manager time. With the massive rebuild that needs to be done,
not just the team, but the whole club. We have to be realistic and know this will take time.
It won't take much to push us towards the top 8, say. But anything more is not realistic.

I dont think we are as bad as some make out tbh.

We've beaten in the last 18 months Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester, West Ham, Wolves.

The issues we have can be fixed in 1 summer really - shake up our medical/conditioning departments and bring in 2x CM's and a 1x CB who can defend.

Hope Gordon can develop more of an end product and play Patterson as our 1st choice RB next season.

If we fix those issues is another question......

I dont think we are as bad as some make out tbh.

We've beaten in the last 18 months Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester, West Ham, Wolves.

The issues we have can be fixed in 1 summer really - shake up our medical/conditioning departments and bring in 2x CM's and a 1x CB who can defend.

Hope Gordon can develop more of an end product and play Patterson as our 1st choice RB next season.

If we fix those issues is another question......
We finished 10th with a manager who's now won the league with his new team and in a Champions League final. This season we've now just finished 15th/16th depending on Sundays results narrowly avoiding relegation. I'll admit we shouldn't be bottom of the table but we are that bad mate. We're no where near being a European qualifying team for example

He's going to need to be supported by massively improved recruitment in the summer, otherwise he'll end up going the way of his predecessors.

If this brush with disaster doesn't finally spur the club into taking drastic action off the pitch, nothing will.

The reds and media narrative that he took over a team in 16th and took it to 16th is absurd. We were sinking like a stone we had won one in fourteen we were in a shambles. I thought we were dropping from February! Injuries, suspensions, mismanagement from above(removing most of our creativity), not appointing him till deadline day and constant decisions have all gone against us. Yes, he has his tactically naiveties and issues as a manager but it's natural he is still a young man, but has tapped into something, he has dug into the team mentality and the fans in a way no manager has done since Moyes. We won six in sixteen for a struggling team and with the tough fixtures we faced and with everything against us and at one point we were five points behind and in the bottom three staring at potential financial oblivion, he has dragged us to safety with the fans and certain key players. That's a good job when you come into a struggling team. Now the hard work begins to push on and overhaul the squad and the board. We must never be here again!

Oh, Im not saying Frank should go at all. We need SOMEONE to stay with us for a couple years ffs. I'm just saying the people who were calling for the other managers to be sacked had pretty valid reasons. Silva never should have been hired to begin as he was absolutely out of his league with us at the time.

I understand what you're saying with people being too impulsive and impatient with managers but sometimes there's Managers who aren't compatible with a club and a change is imperative. Look at Spurs so would you have just stuck with Nuno? As Conte completely brought forth a resurgence in the fortunes of the tottenham squad. Benitez wasn't sustainable either I think you should be willing to stand by a manger along as progress is present despite the results like Potter who still finished bottom table but was providing rousing performances on the regular. So if Frank can continue to achieve that beyond the results he will have my support

There’s deep rooted issue at the club that need sorting. Other clubs don’t have the same problems. Chelsea or Spurs for example have very good squads with good players in every position who have succeeded under other managers. If they get a manager in who doesn’t hit the ground running in they can fire them after 6 months because all of their core capabilities like recruitment, player fitness etc. are all good so a new manager can slot in and make an immediate impact.

We have a squad of players most of whom have failed under several managers (some of whom have been successful elsewhere). Our recruitment is a shambles, so is our ability to keep players fit. Our club culture is also rotten to the core.

There is no quick turnaround for this club. A manager has to come in and over a few transfer windows weed out the bad eggs and bring in good ones. The DOF needs to overhaul the medical and scouting departments. Whilst this is occurring, if a manager so much as keeps us in the league we should give him time to break this cycle we’ve been in.

I know full well though if we start next season poorly and we’re in the bottom half Oct/Nov, no matter what the mitigating circumstances might be, there’ll be a huge number calling for a change in manager. We have to get out of this sort of mindset.

A Conte isn’t coming here. He’d take one look at this bunch of clowns and run a mile, we had a chance with Ancelotti (and even then loads didn’t like him by the end). There’s no silver bullet fix. We have to back a manger for two or three seasons to turn it round.

Obviously if he’s taking us down then we have to make a change but anything short of that and we have to start being more patient otherwise we will stay in this cycle again and again

There’s deep rooted issue at the club that need sorting. Other clubs don’t have the same problems. Chelsea or Spurs for example have very good squads with good players in every position who have succeeded under other managers. If they get a manager in who doesn’t hit the ground running in they can fire them after 6 months because all of their core capabilities like recruitment, player fitness etc. are all good so a new manager can slot in and make an immediate impact.

We have a squad of players most of whom have failed under several managers (some of whom have been successful elsewhere). Our recruitment is a shambles, so is our ability to keep players fit. Our club culture is also rotten to the core.

There is no quick turnaround for this club. A manager has to come in and over a few transfer windows weed out the bad eggs and bring in good ones. The DOF needs to overhaul the medical and scouting departments. Whilst this is occurring, if a manager so much as keeps us in the league we should give him time to break this cycle we’ve been in.

I know full well though if we start next season poorly and we’re in the bottom half Oct/Nov, no matter what the mitigating circumstances might be, there’ll be a huge number calling for a change in manager. We have to get out of this sort of mindset.

A Conte isn’t coming here. He’d take one look at this bunch of clowns and run a mile, we had a chance with Ancelotti (and even then loads didn’t like him by the end). There’s no silver bullet fix. We have to back a manger for two or three seasons to turn it round.

Obviously if he’s taking us down then we have to make a change but anything short of that and we have to start being more patient otherwise we will stay in this cycle again and again
I think Utd look a lot like us, and I think there is definitely managerial changes as root causes. Frank kept us up, which was our only objective. Massive wages freed up again and frank to have his FIRST transfer window, I think we can finish much higher with some decent recruitment. An extra 10 points puts you 8th. But it isn’t going to be wholesale changes, some of the players everybody wants gone won’t have buyers, so it’s evolution not revolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.