2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because for us progress is going to be about finding players and working out how we want to play. Sometimes you lose matches as that happens.

The point is rebuilding this side is going to require some amount of willingness to ignore results for a year or two. Yes ideally while finishing comfortably midtable.
Agreed on the general sentiment.

This season should have taught us that we cannot just spend indiscriminately and magically we will battle at the top fo the table.

IF, and that's a big IF, the Board has learned is lesson and Frank is allowed to build something with the DOF, as long as we are buying the right type of player, I think most of us would be fine with a slower "build" toward the top with a clear plan.

Because for us progress is going to be about finding players and working out how we want to play. Sometimes you lose matches as that happens.

The point is rebuilding this side is going to require some amount of willingness to ignore results for a year or two. Yes ideally while finishing comfortably midtable.

Get what you mean in terms of we need to see a system being put in place but still think with the key players we have we can do that and still aim for 8th-11th realistically.

Mykolenko and potentially Dele will get better with a pre season under their belt - throw in Patterson at RB then if we sign 3-4 decent additions thats 5 improved positions on the pitch which should translate into better results if said players are signed to suit the system Lampard wants to go with.

Get what you mean in terms of we need to see a system being put in place but still think with the key players we have we can do that and still aim for 8th-11th realistically.

Mykolenko and potentially Dele will get better with a pre season under their belt - throw in Patterson at RB then if we sign 3-4 decent additions thats 5 improved positions on the pitch which should translate into better results if said players are signed to suit the system Lampard wants to go with.
I'd agree with that, we have 7 or 8 players who could be in and around the squad whilst the rebuild and clear out takes place.

We'll see where this summer takes us but we do not have the 8th best squad. I don't think we even really have an argument for 11th. Our first XI if fit might be close but we know it won't be.

The focus needs to be getting better.

I’m convinced he’d have won the Brentford game without the refereeing shenanigans. A bit more composure and we run out winners at Burnley too. Potentially points at Liverpool and City as well.

I know it’s all it’s and buts but i could see Lampard very easily having a high 40s, 50 % win rate with us which would be up with Moyes and Ancelotti.

If he can do it in these conditions with these players he can do better with players he wants and time to plan.
This

Plus Richy should of had a hatrick agst Leicester at home.

Looking forward to see him bring his own players in.

His tactics/game management is questionable but he deserves next season and the summer to try build something as the squad is disjointed at present.

Think next season will be the acid test in many ways - expectations will naturally rise especially if we bring a few decent additions in.

He's got to be looking at a top 10 finish really should we manage to strengthen although I would accept 11th and just outside the top half providing we get to the latter rounds of one of the cups and have a decent run.
We've just about survived the bottom 3 this season mate... quite the jump that tbh.

I mean, were they wrong with just about any of the shouts? Koeman was crap, Silva was crap, Carlo ok, Benitez was a stain on the history of the club.

We had people saying get rid of Frank to get Allardyce in just a few weeks ago. A few were saying Frank needs to go this summer even if we stay up. A good number were mouthing off about Carlo calling him a prehistoric dinosaur because he didn’t play the style they wanted. I don’t think Silva was rubbish, the club sold his best players and then replaced them with injured ones and panicked when it didn’t go very well.

We have to give this manager time to get the bulk of these players out the club. Moshiri bows to fan pressure nearly every time so it’s my sincere hope that if Lampard starts next season and there’s a tough run of games where we have a few injuries can anyone feeling the urge to go ‘get Frank out, we should have got Potter when we had the chance’ just please please reflect on the last 6 years.

what's disconcerting for me is that we're perpetually initiating a rebuilding of the squad yet we're never able to effective develop any consistent depth and we become trapped in a loop. every year is a reboot while you have squads that aren't competing in top echelons but they're honing their potential and putting themselves in position to transition to a more accomplished team, Teams such as Brighton, Wolves, ,leciester and especially west ham who has made enormous strides in the course of just a couple seasons. So the competition to achieve even modest success like europa conference cup has a potential to be challenging. We need to emphasis growth and evolution over immediate success which i think hiring Carlo was a misstep. So i agree patience is necessary and midtable should be our aim with the focus of refining our methods of play but competence has to employed throughout the club especially In regards to recruitment.

We've just about survived the bottom 3 this season mate... quite the jump that tbh.

Depends what happens in the summer - 3-4 good signings added to Richarlison, Pickford, DCL, Mykolenko and Patterson coming in at RB and we should improve.

I keep saying it but injuries have killed us this season. If DCL & Mina stayed fit for even 75% of the season we would be nowhere near bottom 6.

Take the spine out of any team and they struggle.

We had people saying get rid of Frank to get Allardyce in just a few weeks ago. A few were saying Frank needs to go this summer even if we stay up. A good number were mouthing off about Carlo calling him a prehistoric dinosaur because he didn’t play the style they wanted. I don’t think Silva was rubbish, the club sold his best players and then replaced them with injured ones and panicked when it didn’t go very well.

We have to give this manager time to get the bulk of these players out the club. Moshiri bows to fan pressure nearly every time so it’s my sincere hope that if Lampard starts next season and there’s a tough run of games where we have a few injuries can anyone feeling the urge to go ‘get Frank out, we should have got Potter when we had the chance’ just please please reflect on the last 6 years.
100%

Status
Not open for further replies.