2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the whole point, and why 20 from 17 games is a big deal. This squad was on life support mentally before he took over - as low on confidence as any Everton side I've seen. Frank had to re-baseline them, with a lot of injuries, and get them to believe they could get out of the downward spiral.

So, on paper 20 from 17 games is not good. But given where we were heading, I think it's a great job done from Super Frank, all while galvanizing the supporters
That's it really. These divvys that don't watch us see the raw figures and don't really have a clue.

The majority of the fanbase knew we were in a relegation battle quite early on. As they knew how bad and how low on confidence our players were. That winless run from Benitez was something else. He's done a great job of instilling belief into the club with both fans and players.

Some of his starting 11s have been a bit moody like, but he's still learning. Early on I thought we were playing some decent stuff, but our defensive fragility was too much.

And most likely their inability to keep the ball was exacerbated by panic setting in amongst the squad. Possession not the be all and end all but even playing on the counter attack you have to use the ball intelligently and make opportunities count.
Exactly, but at home conceding possession against the likes of Palace Brentford just pisses the crowd off and then we start to turn on them.

Playing on the counter you need a solid defence as your 70% of the time going to be defending and we don’t have one.

Anyway it’s done now mate the real Lampard era starts next season

His tactics/game management is questionable but he deserves next season and the summer to try build something as the squad is disjointed at present.

Think next season will be the acid test in many ways - expectations will naturally rise especially if we bring a few decent additions in.

He's got to be looking at a top 10 finish really should we manage to strengthen although I would accept 11th and just outside the top half providing we get to the latter rounds of one of the cups and have a decent run.

I'd still like to ask him why Gomes started the last two games.
I think his answer would be the following:

1) Allan was injured, Davies was coming back and injury, and we were expected to dominate possession against Brentford, who isn't really a lightning counterattacking side. So he rolled the dice given his options. My question for him wouldn't be why did he start that game, but why didn't he come off after we were down to 10 men.
2) For Palace, this is a real question for Frank, as Palace is a different beast altogether than Brentford. Much faster. Frank would still say what other option did I have? The other option was Dele, and at Half he pulled the plug on his original decision, to great effect

His tactics/game management is questionable but he deserves next season and the summer to try build something as the squad is disjointed at present.

Think next season will be the acid test in many ways - expectations will naturally rise especially if we bring a few decent additions in.

He's got to be looking at a top 10 finish really should we manage to strengthen although I would accept 11th and just outside the top half providing we get to the latter rounds of one of the cups and have a decent run.
We should all learn to accept 17th and progress over anything else. You don't get better worrying about the difference between 13th and 11th.

Personally dont see how you can progress finishing lower than what we'll likely be doing this season but Ok!
Because for us progress is going to be about finding players and working out how we want to play. Sometimes you lose matches as that happens.

The point is rebuilding this side is going to require some amount of willingness to ignore results for a year or two. Yes ideally while finishing comfortably midtable.

He finds a way, he wins big games. The club need to give him what he wants over the summer and the moronic hipster manager firing divvy element of the fanbase need to keep their gobs shut for at least 12 months and let a manager get on with his job at this club without their perpetual whining. Please can they just stfu for once and stop damaging the club.
I mean, were they wrong with just about any of the shouts? Koeman was crap, Silva was crap, Carlo ok, Benitez was a stain on the history of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.