2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The youtuber, Farley TV< had that mock interview with the Frank Lampard character. On the banner below pretending to be news, it says "New stadium to be called 'Super Frankie Park"!

If he has a good season next season, not even a great one, but a good start and a solid season overall, he will have the long term backing from the fans not seen since Moyes. Obviously fans played a huge role, and players performed down the stretch, but this also was a group of players who hadnt performed before then and he got tunes out of them at essential times. Consistently doing that is what marks great managers.

Frank?
Everton has lost numerous times despite having a 2-0 lead since I started following in 2013 when Martinez was at the helm . Hell, watched my favorite club in South America last December up 2 in stoppage time implode, concede two and the title after 90+8.

Everton were 0-69-5 when facing the same scoreline.

Needed 3 points more than anything tonight, down 0-2, and got those 3 points in spectacular fashion. Watching him celebrate with fans on the box after... yeah, I'm behind the manager. Lot of work to do, but feel like Rafael Benitez (NOT rafael, why does the site fix a non-error?) was Cancer, Frank is the Chemo. It sucks to go through (I don't know personally, but my best friend does), but it kills the rot and hopefully leads to better pastures.

"A magic that not every club has "

You'll do for me Frank.

You beat me to it.

Frank Sir, you have united a fan base, if you somehow manage to bring success to Everton or not, you will be forever admired and appreciated here. This club was in an absolutely disgraceful mess when you arrived. The board is still the same set of useless charlatans, but YOU, have given us hope, and a voice.....one that over the last few weeks has rammed it down the throats of the Moshiri's, Baxindale's and Kenwright's that we will NOT accept mediocrity, we will stand up and fight together as a team and its fan base, with you at the helm. A rather decent player from our past once uttered the words "once Everton has touched you" (I'm sure you have heard of him), well how does it fee?. You are most certainly, one of us now, a fan base that has someone in charge of team affairs that 'gets us'! A magical set of fans, for a magical Football Club.

I don’t think he was the right appointment for a relegation battle but he’s dragged us over the line and he seems to really “get” the club and fans which is something I don’t think I’ve seen in a long time.

I’m concerned there’s no discernible style of play under him but that could very well be a personnel issue.

I won’t get carried away on the guy but he’s more than earned a good crack at this job. Massive summer ahead.

I don’t think he was the right appointment for a relegation battle but he’s dragged us over the line and he seems to really “get” the club and fans which is something I don’t think I’ve seen in a long time.

I’m concerned there’s no discernible style of play under him but that could very well be a personnel issue.

I won’t get carried away on the guy but he’s more than earned a good crack at this job. Massive summer ahead.
This is exactly how I feel. I think people are allowed to be effusive in their praise for Frank today for many reasons, relief chief amongst them, but in the cold light of day Evertonians need to clear their heads and dispassionately move ahead. It is as dangerous to be positively deluded about Frank as it is to be critically hostile. I see an inexperienced manager, learning on the job who has emotionally committed himself to the club and the challenge. I see potential if he can get the summer right - but I also see great danger for both club and manager if he doesn't.

Basically, Lampard has to massively overhaul this squad and this summer must see extensive moves on that front. If we start next season with, say, two wins, two draws, and eight defeats from the first 12 games - a plausible run of form with this squad - Frank will be sacked. He will not get to Christmas despite all the goodwill today. And the reality is these players will have him in that position once again. Just as playing Gomes yesterday was a predictable disaster, failing to get the summer right will have predictable outcomes. These players will have him back in the danger zone before the World Cup in November. If I were a betting man, I would say that break in the season will be when a disgruntled Moshiri will act. Let's all please not be in that very predictable predicament. Here's hoping Frank is clear-eyed now and purges ruthlessly. Or else he will be purged.

Status
Not open for further replies.