2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just this evenings bellendery.

I’m gonna hit the vaults properly tomorrow.

Repent and you may be forgiven.
He's still a highly questionable manager what are you on about?

Keane, Michael freaking Keane, had to score a belter to save him. His horrid tactical start put us in a whole. He's been horrendous the last 3 matches in truth.

Highly questionable.

Vault me to high hell tomorrow.

I really do thank him for his passion and commitment to pulling this off.

But I don't trust him at all to take this on further.
I agree with this.

But, politically, he has earned the right to carry on, so it is what it is now. Realpolitik means he begins the rebuild. He has gained some credibility in ensuring we stayed up - which was the minimum requirement when he was appointed - and we must now hope he has learned some hard lessons - and interesting insights into his players. He won't survive to Christmas if he fails to purge this squad ruthlessly over the summer. I hope he realises this. His continued selection of Gomes very nearly cost him his job. We can't rely on blue flares next season.

I agree with this.

But, politically, he has earned the right to carry on, so it is what it is now. Realpolitik means he begins the rebuild. He has gained some credibility in ensuring we stayed up - which was the minimum requirement when he was appointed - and we must now hope he has learned some hard lessons - and interesting insights into his players. He won't survive to Christmas if he fails to purge this squad ruthlessly over the summer. I hope he realises this. His continued selection of Gomes very nearly cost him his job. We can't rely on blue flares next season.
He could have a whole new XI, he's not getting to Christmas without the ability to coordinate an attack, defend set plays or figure out the best uses for his players.

I was thinking to myself when Frank was appointed that, although he wasn't the best fit to fight relegation, I felt that he was definitely, should we stay up, to rebuild the squad. He's young, needs to prove himself and is a unifying figure around the club and with the fans. I really hope people don't start expecting miracles now. This will be a long job and for the next season or two a comfortable mid table will be more than satisfactory.

He could have a whole new XI, he's not getting to Christmas without the ability to coordinate an attack, defend set plays or figure out the best uses for his players.
I don't disagree. I have no confidence in him as a tactician. But realpolitik means he survives to live another day and we continue on the rat wheel. We'll see how valuable his one true attribute - his name recognition - is over the summer window.

I don't disagree. I have no confidence in him as a tactician. But realpolitik means he survives to live another day and we continue on the rat wheel. We'll see how valuable his one true attribute - his name recognition - is over the summer window.
Not valuable. I don't think it matters at all.

He should go sit on the beach until the first day of preseason honestly. Let the DOF do the transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.