2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said yesterday or the day before that I was afraid Burnley was going to want this game more than our team. Someone asked how I figured that? Well, whoever asked, here’s your answer.
That's why I'm convinced we are down. Name one player who seems arsed we are on the brink?

Richarlison?

Other than that. I can't say any of them would care. Holgate said in a recent interview that the players aren't worried. He was even talking about his chances of an England call-up.

Didn't see much output from his skilled coaching when he was here.

No club in the league would have kept him in a job, most would have pulled the trigger before us. The ones that acted early like Villa and Newcastle will reflect on the success of those decisions from the comfort of the PL next season.
Aston Villa invested heavily in players, and when Newcastle got money, Steve Bruce was not exotic enough. Money is probably the biggest factor in both of these clubs. However, even though some here laugh at Eddie Howe, he has undoubtedly achieved more as a manager than Lampard. What he did with Bournmouth speaks for itself, but such hiring is not exotic enough for our fans and owners.

Yes, the development under Benitez was not good. So your point stands well. However, it takes time to change behavior, and when the environment is constantly working against you, it is not easy. In addition, when you have injuries to important players, it becomes almost impossible. So I do not rule out that it was right to dismiss Benitez, but I'm pretty sure we would have had a better chance of surviving with him as manager than Lampard.

When it comes to coaching, Gordon has always praised Benitez, and part of the reason may be that he is humble and wants to learn. If players do not want to change behavior, and think they know best, and are more concerned with themselves than the team, then there is little the manager can do. Other players, and especially average players, have always said that Benitez is good at his coaching. Stars with big egos he has usually struggled more with. They are not so interested in sacrificing themselves for the collective, and will play the main role. I think we have average players who think they are stars, and that's where I think a lot of the problem lies. They are not willing to learn, or sacrifice for the team (Digne).

I have a weird feeling he's gone, or he's going to be told if he doesn't get the 3 points on Sat he's gone.

11 days till next game after Saturday is it?

Am not advocating him being removed or even want him to be sacked... I don't think he has covered himself in glory since he has been here with the selections and game management (something I absolutely hung Benitez for), but I have a feeling that the club will go for one last roll of the dice.

You cant play open as we do and get out of this.

It's too late now, IMO. But if we lose or draw on Saturday then we have to change maanger again.

As crzy as that is, it's the only chance we'd have.

I for one am not prepared to have any truck with the 'Hand Lampard the chance to bring us back up again' line.

Cannot see what good that would do.

I was watching the match last night and i was thinking to myself he problem wasn't tactics, set up or motivation, the problem was we have awful low quality players, i think that's what people cant get their heads around, its an awful team, a relegation team.

Ive heard people say - we should be able to beat Burnley - why? This team is awful and low on quality, bar one or two glaringly obvious exceptions.

If we survive, we will be blessed and very very lucky. I dont know what another manager gets out of these players, 10 men on the goal line and play for draws....

There were large spells when we kept the ball, they struggled. We had plenty of counter attacks too. However, all these ended up to nothing and the amount of Burnley defenders who got a toe, chest, tackle last minute to defend their goal stopped us completely.

At the other end the complete opposite.

2.1 up. Just keep the ball. If you lose it, win it back. It's not hard. That's not a set up or being tactically aware...it's a basic standard.

I was watching the match last night and i was thinking to myself he problem wasn't tactics, set up or motivation, the problem was we have awful low quality players, i think that's what people cant get their heads around, its an awful team, a relegation team.

Ive heard people say - we should be able to beat Burnley - why? This team is awful and low on quality, bar one or two glaringly obvious exceptions.

If we survive, we will be blessed and very very lucky. I dont know what another manager gets out of these players, 10 men on the goal line and play for draws....

Last night mate, was the lineup I wanted from what we had available, I had absolutely no problem with that tbh.

I don't think he has great subs, he makes odd in game management, but he cannot (like he has said a few times) stop players making stupid mistakes.

The thing is, what I do blame him for is the 4/5 games of 3 at the back when its evident we cannot play this way and the conceding off about 12 goals in those games.

I like Lampard and I like the way he WANTS to play football - I am still on the fence on if its the right time for that manager if that makes sense.

Id feel sorry for him if he went, but id probably get the club thinking last throw of the dice.

Cannot see what good that would do.
There's two options if we get beat again on Saturday or even draw:

1/ stick with Lampard and be relegated

2/ sack Lampard and in all probablity be relegated

I grant you it isn't much of a distinction, but the difference is there.

It's an utterly laughable idea we are going to find this new manager to come in and turn us around inside 10 games. We have players who are garabge and don't care about the club. Sir Alex couldn't save this bunch of clowns

We don't have a chance mate, from the clubs POV I would understand them thinking last throw of the dice, we haven't had any new manager bounce from Lampard at all, and like I said above I like him and I like how he wants to play.

My main worry, and I am seriously worried, is that if they club do this - it will 100% be Nuno. I can't see them getting anyone else especially with Thelwell in.

Status
Not open for further replies.